First Grow - Flowering

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Gray, Apr 28, 2009.

1. #1 Gray, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    I started growing this plant about a month ago. I open a thread about it in the "indoor growing" section of the forum, so some of you may have already seen it.

Here are the important posts from the thread:

And this is where I am at now:

DAY 31 (AFGHAN), DAY 18 (BC BIG BUD):
    DAY 5 of Flowering:

(April 28)

Lighting: 3 CFL 42W 2600 lumens
    Lighting Hours: 12/12

Strain(s): 4 Afghani, 2 BC BIG BUD(middle 2)

I need help determining which are males and females. So far it's looking like I may have a few males fuck. I'll post some close in picture in a few minutes.

Attached Files:

2. Here are some pictures I just took. Like I said, I need help determining which are males and females. One of plants is definitely showing signs of being male...ballls.

Attached Files:

3. I need to know which are males and female asap.

4. It's too early too tell.

Your plants look very healthy i would never of guessed you were new to growing(Apart from not knowing anything about sexing).
    Check out some of the sexing guides on this site and look out for the signs.

If you are still unsure then post closer pics.

5. it took me a while to know what I was looking for (pistil lookin things everywhere) but as soon as I saw the sexes show it all made sense, its hard to explain until you see, but at each node a pre-flower will form in the shape of little balls (sacs/male) or delicate white hairs (pistils/female) if its been on the 12/12 light cycle you should see signs within a couple weeks. look around on the web, there are all sorts of pictures that will help you know what to look for, but its pretty easy.

best of luck :hello:

6. #6 M369, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    Or i will just show you the difference.
    A fellow GC member shared these.

This is male.
    [​IMG]

And Female.

[​IMG]

7. Ok, I went ahead and zoomed in on some of the pictures I took earlier today. Have a look at them:

One of the plants is definitely a male.

Attached Files:

8. the second pic is male and the forth is a female, the other pics its too hard to tell

9. Second is male.
    However i see no clear signs of female in any others. Kill your male and keep your eyes open.
    You are looking for fine white hairs. You will know them when you see them.;)

10. That sucks, oh well. I'm hoping at least three quarters of the plants are female.

11. DAY 6 FLowering:

I think I have found a female.

I just hope it's not the only one in the bunch.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      35.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      32.8 KB
      Views:
  12. [​IMG]

Congrats on your girl man:hello:

13. nice dude, looks female from the second picture. those pistols are a beautiful sight!

my very first grow attempt ended with 3/3 male plants. it's sad to throw them away, but karma will work itself out in the end and reward you with more females later on. at least that's how i rationalize it. ;)

14. It's weird because my first grow were all females. 6 of them. One did turn hermi tho...

15. Only having 1 or two females is not the end of the world either. Cloning is easy and you'll be ready for your next grow! Chin up and congrats on the lil girlie, things are looking good so far!

16. I'm surprised at how fast those pistols grew out, I couldn't find any at all yesterday. And that male plant I discovered 2 days ago had developed many pollen sacs after only 4 day's of flowering, is this normal?

And btw, I took one clone off the female today. Hopefully I wont have to take more.

NO MORE MALES:mad:

17. I bought 3 sheets of mylar and 2x 34 watts 725 lumens 3450k fluorescent tubes today. I'm going to go install it now, I'll post pictures later.

18. Yes once you spot the pistols they seem to grow very rapid.

19. #19 Gray, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    Check out the new setup.

:D

Oh, btw, anyone know where I can get Fox Farm fertilizers; Wal-Mart, home depot maybe? Anywhere but the internet.

Attached Files:

20. I need an answer ASAP.