First grow first scare please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mjrosti, Apr 8, 2017.

1. I have two plants one auto amnesia haze and the other is a photo Amherst sour diesel both germinated on soil 3 weeks ago. They are in a closet under one 150w led each and until recently were progressing very nicely however over the past few days some of the lower leaves have been yellowing to brown crisp starting from the tips. I have tested the soil ph and it is 6.8 , the water I have been using is 6.8 however the runoff water measured at a ph of 5.3. Would this be affecting my plants in this way or is there any other possibilities ? Will they be ok in the long run because these are my very first plants and I have that life giver buzz going on. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. That is way to low of ph. Flush that shit with lots of water ph to 6.0 or so

• Like Like x 1
  3. The auto will suffer, put the other can be brought back

4. so flush them both completely with ph 6 water. Will get that done and let you know how things go thanks for the help. Out of curiosity why would the runoff be so much different from the soil and water I water with readings ?

5. have you fed them yet?

6. Planned to start this week however due to the issues with them wasn't want to dig a deeper hole , should I be feeding them while I'm trying to recover them ?

7. what's your medium?, they could be hungry

8. Nope Cockatoo.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Growing in organic potting soil from my local garden centre

10. I would start planting a photoperiod (if you have/can get). Autos have their place no doubt, but grow something that's not going to punish you for every mistake.

You are now going to be correcting a few things and it will set her back. Best of luck though if you keep her going. That run off is very low, you should really be with in 3/4 of a point lower or around there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Have one more photo to use if I decide to give up on the auto, going to try my best and recover it but if it's too far gone I will go with the photo. Thanks for the help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ah I missed the auto part, they are very fickle. To me, it looks a little waterlogged and in need of a first feeding, since its organic soil id use say, fish emulsion and some sort of tea or what have you. However that's what I would do for a photo, I've only grown a handful of autos

13. Probably wasn't best to start with an auto I guess. Will try out what you've said and see if it helps. Fickle isn't the word things got so bad so quickly.

14. I would flush it with water mixed with nutes at 25%. Run about a gallon of water to each gallon of pot size

15. His soil is 6.8 that is ideal? how is that too low?

16. Your soil Ph at 6.8 is fine i think one of your problems is that soil is to dense needs perlite in it to allow better drainage they look wet, they also 3rd week into veg need to probably have some food i would do a top dressing of bat guano or the fish emulsion someone else recommmended but they should aslo be alot bigger for 3 weeks this was mine at 3 weeks

Attached Files:

17. I thought they were a little small side. Now that you mention the density to me it feels like the soil seems to go completely tight when wet as if it is too heavy of a medium.

18. So I flushed the plant last night with the water and nutes as suggested and the plant looks to have peeked up quite a bit today. Should I continue with the nutes from now in hope of a recovery ?

19. I would let it dry out and slowly step up the nute level every other water

• Agree Agree x 3