first grow/first problem!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by organic riffs, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Well, this being my first post, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed! theres just of wealth of good people and good information. its a great community! i just started a simple grow now that im legal and my plant is running into some troubles. Just to give you guys some info on my setup. its a clone about 6 weeks old now. i have it under two t8s and 5 cfls. three are daylight and two are soft white. im keeping it simple and have two under all the lights. things started going really well!
    Now the trouble started a few days ago. i let my plants get kind of dry to make sure i wasnt over watering. not extremely dry, just enough to notice im probably not over watering.
    I gave it a normal watering. no nutes. the ph of the water seemed ok when i tested it. then about 12 hours later it started getting kind of droopy. the leaves started to curl at the ends and it got a very faint yellow by the end of a few days.
    i gave it some snow water wich had a pretty great effect. the plants perked right up and everything was great for a while. then the drooping came back. i eventually read that it happend on the bottoms sometimes and cut them off and keep going. i did this and it still just seems my plant is taking on a droopyness.
    any ideas what might be causing this? my ph seems ok. im using fox farm soil and age old organics nutes but very little and every other watering. thanks for any ideas. im sure im making boneheaded mistakes but thats why i started with just a few. so i can learn and enjoy the learning process. even though its not going very smooth, im still floored.
    thanks for the help everyone. sorry it was long, im medicated...

2. Good luck, Org! First grows can be a real learning experience.

When you say your clone is 6 weeks old, do you mean that it was taken off the mother plant 6 weeks ago? Are you certain that it is truly rooted?

I had problems with clones that were absorbing enough moisture thru their leaves that they looked okay, but when I tried treating them like rooted plants they did what you describe. If you don't really have roots, put a tent over the the plant to up the humidity.

I'm very interested in cloning issues, so please let us know how it goes!

Tyg

3. Thanks for the reply! the plant has been in soil for 6 weeks with way appear to be healthy roots. it perks up in the dark but get droopy during light hours mostly. is this strange?

4. Your plants should never look droopy. You are either overwatering and drowning them, or underwatering and stressing them. Your plants should have good turgor pressure all day long.