First grow. First LST.

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by bigaizsosexy, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Hi Everyone,

I am new to growing, so I am obviously new to LST.

The Auto Green Crack is very healthy, and I wanted to start LsTing. She is about 13 days old. I posted a photo of what i believe is the starting process of LSTing. Please let me know if it is ok for the leaves to touch the soil when LSTing.

Thanks, and I look forward to the comments.

Attached Files:

2. It will straighten out so don't sweat it's leaves touching the soil

• Like Like x 1
  3. good job mah man keep it up

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys. I will check on it tomorrow.

5. Here is a quick update:

Plants took well to the LST, and their leaves redirected toward the light, so I lsted a little bit more. The larger plant is showing good signs of lower growth. Can I lst the fan leaves to open the lower growth areas up more? The plant is pretty short, so I do not have much room for bending and tying off. The wire is connected right underneath the top growth. I cannot really bend anymore considering the plant is so short.

The first several pictures are of my larger kush plant. The last 3 pictures are of the seedling we discussed initially in this thread.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I tie my fan leaves down but usually a thing i do in flower once plant focuses on buds..you cud tie yur fan leaves down in veg i gues..i wouldnt tie them n a way which the undersides r exposed to light,mayb slightly downward to expose stalk...those fan leaves r how yur plant recieves light so b gentle

• Like Like x 1
  7. Why are you lsting such small plants? What is your end goal?

8. Thanks for the pointer.

I started lsting because I was advised to by another member. I am aware that it allows the bottom growth to receive more light and grow more bud sites. I could be wrong considering this is my first.

9. U shud b fine,b gentle its auto.dont want to stress it too much

10. OK just wondering, you might want to wait till it's larger to train, bending for light penetration is fine. Right now you are lighting your soil.

11. Idl autos myself there not big enough,but its never the wrong time the lst,wen there old enough to top(which u shouldnt with autos cause of recovery time)then there old enough to lst

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thi

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. This looked so much like my plant early on I was like wtf? Fan from Walmart to left. Cfls up top. I had mine in a yellow bucket thing for runoff. the Mylar walls. Brain was like hey now. What's this.

14. Confused. When I click on pic. It is pics of my plant not what u described.

15. Whos u talking bout jheez?the last pic?

16. No cfl's or yellow bucket n pic i posted...lmao what strain u smoking on tonight?ha

17. Lol. Further up. It's right now. Must be my phone. I clicked to see and it was one of my pics lmao. That looks like mine. Then hey that is mine. Carry on gentlemen. Fine work fine work indeed. Lst is the way to be

• Like Like x 2
  18. It's still doing it. Wtf. Oh well
    What's the smallest pot for an auto. Thinking about going down to two gal pot so I can fit two plants in my cabinet. And have a little room to fit a 125w CFL for a little side light action. Was thinking I'd use a bigger pot and put two in but might lift them up too far and mess up distance to led. 3 gal pot is what I'm using now and it's pretty big. Seems two gal would be fine. I'm gonna try to do one of those crazy spiral lst

• Like Like x 1