First grow/ first frost

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Greenthumbedbum, Jan 28, 2018.

?

How much growth can i expect before harvest?

1. A s**t ton!

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Dont get your hopes up fool!

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. 3 weeks into flower with cfl lights. All organic compost tea and soil.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks!

3. Strain, Wattage, pot size and picture of whole plant plox. Can't say anything atm except from that she looks beautiful

• Like Like x 2
  4. About 600 watts squirly cfls
    Bag seed.... So no idea... Squirly cfls and uhhhh.... Medium? Literally my first grow ever iv just learned from experience with gardeningand watching stuff on youtube

Attached Files:

5. Also please forgive my super ghetto cheap paper tent lol i made do with what i could afford/ find around here. Its workedbut im working on buying a second tent for flower. My first turned out to be a monster 6ft tall beast that became a veg tent.

6. Those Y socket splitters take me back to my first grow many moons ago before I upgraded to a 250w HPS, then a 600w enhanced spectrum HPS light. Looking good so far! What kind of dry harvest weights are you pulling off those CFLs and what are their true total wattages combined (not equivalents)? Normally growers get between 0.5 and 1.0 grams per watt used with ~0.7 being average, though I've seen some only pull in 0.3 GPW.

7. Noooo idea lol iv never got this far into a grow. Iv smoke a shit ton of the things lol but never grew one. So im hoping that this one lady puttingout trichomes at 3 weeks isnt a sign that she will stop growing colas. I enjoyed the process of topping but man training pissed me off when id split a branch lol.

8. Also thats my fear that as i invest and improve ill always find something else that could be better

9. There's always something you can improve, even when it comes down to the fine details. It gets even worse when you've got a hydroponic setup and are always looking at equipment upgrades, like choosing hi-tech oxygen diffusers over standard air stones for bubbling reservoir water. If you can I'd definitely recommend supplementing your lights with a UFO LED light or two if you're looking to increase your final yield, since sticking with the CFLs you've got now might produce light and airy buds instead of nice thick colas.

11. That was supposed to be a sad face

12. No shame in budget setups, in fact they teach you a lot about what's important. It seems you are doing pretty good. I believe you can get more than 7 grams, i got 40g per plant with 120w CFL/plant. The only problem i see here is that your lights are too far. With those lights you can get very close(up to 1"), just careful that there is no contact.

I like your setup, looks better than my first one :)
    Goodluck, keep growing, you 'll get a good setup at some point.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Hey 80 grams for my first time would ROCK lol ill snap some pics of my new clone/ seedling tent i just got set up.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The more watts you can pump into your plants the better your final yield will be. You can do everything else perfectly but without enough energy your buds will be light. You're probably only using about 150 actual watts of power while 600 is the incandescent equivalent for your CFLs. Are you using the proper CFL color spectrums for both veg and flower?

15. I had a 4 bulb bright white set for each girl thru veg and now i have 3 4 bulb sets 2 close to the plants and one high up. Im adding light each paycheck id like to upgrade them but lol money only stretches so far.

16. Iv got bright white for veg and soft yellow for flower. I transitioned slowly into flower flipping 30 minutes a day for a week. I have money limits as most of us do so im adding to my setup as i go. Its kinda flabbergasting to think how much money iv allready spent when iv barely begun (and the idea was to SAVE money lol) 20180129_075005.jpg 20180129_074839.jpg 20180129_074753.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Oh believe me I ended up spending DOUBLE what I expected I would with just a simple closet tent setup because I went with middle-of-the-road equipment instead of the cheapest supplies ($80 for a tent instead of $40 for example), but she pays for herself when the first harvest comes and I have several dry ounces of some of the finest homegrown :smoking: Might even make up some moon rocks by coating buds in hash oil and then rolling them in kief:
    [​IMG]

18. The biggest problem i see with this monster is that its a pain in the ass to open in up. On the upside maybe i wont over prune the clones and seedlings i have in there now... On the down... Im finding that i need much more stuff... Like a humidifier, a much stronger fan, abd to figure out how to balance the temps in there.

Attached Files: