First Grow, First Fail. Help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RasIsTokin, Jun 26, 2012.

1. i don't know what went wrong. i did everything that most of the threads on here taught me, and i did it right. i didn't half ass it, i tried my hardest...
    some background info: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1060340-first-time-cfl-closet-grow.html
    (^read first please^)
    i recently planted some bag seeds. i germinated them, then once they sprouted put them in MG seed starter soil in solo party cups with plastic wrap over the top, air tight to keep in humidity. once a couple grew and had the first set of leaves i took the plastic wrap off, but i started noticing fungus mites, so i put the plastic back on. all the seeds in the cups had sprouted, and most still had the plastic on besides 2 that had leaves, but when the fungus mites showed up i covered them all. they're only about 5 or 6 days old now. the 2 with the leaves were doing fine in the cups with the plastic, then i transplanted them into 3 gal pots, with MG organic soil. I'm pretty sure i did the transplant right, the roots didn't tear or anything and i put them back under the 26watt CFLs in the pots. they didn't look healthy the next day, they looked dry but at the same time waterlogged... droopy, but shriveled. that was 3 days ago, today, they are all dead. even the ones in the plastic cups i didn't transplant... all 8 of them.
    i don't know what i could have done wrong. its like something just came and didn't want my plants to grow. i read a few different CFL guides, and put my best effort into this, this was my first grow, but i have been researching how to grow since the beginning of the year. i dropped 200$ setting up the closet, and buying everything, I'm not going to give up. I'm going to try again, hopefully with better results, and if anyone sees anything wrong with my technique, please tell me and give me all the info, constructive criticism, anything to help me.

2. A- u used bagseef so ur genetics may have been on the weaker side, B- mg soil is only good if you cut it with some pottin soil that has no nutrients,
    C- idk why you put plastic wrap on your plants, I never do that

3. You definitely came up short with MG soil. Don't bother with it. And plastic wrapping the containers air tight is a bad idea. Plants do need air exchange. If your humidity in the grow room is 50-70%, you're good to go. No need for plastic over the cups.

4. they probably died of some kind of shock after being taken out of the platicwrap-sealed environment...
    idk

i like the spirit tho mate, keep it up and good luck to ya!

5. yeah I've heard bad things about miracle grow, but the organic soil doesn't have nutes in it does it? i didn't check the bag, stupid of me but "organic"... wow i thought you were supposed to, I'm not sure what the humidity is in the room, its not super dry but its not very different than anywhere in my house. I'm going to try again, gonna get some mids tomorrow and start fresh. thanks guys, no plastic wrap this time

6. #6 Doc-J, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    Not to be mean, but as the others said, unknown genetics, cheap soil, suffication, and low light probably all worked together to end badly.

7. well considering its my first grow, I'm ok with it being a unknown strain, its still bud man.. the cheap soil and suffocation your probably right, i didn't know the plastic wrap would affect them so badly, it makes sense now though. my lighting is fine, i had 2 26watt CFL's on them pretty close but not too close to them.