First Grow Female seeds ice CFL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dayo, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Hello City i originaly posted in the apsalute begginers thread But decided it was more suited here.

I have 1 Fs Ice Fem Its Day 35(week 5) of veg and all is well atleast i think.
    Im using Plant magic plus Oldtimers organic Grow / Bloom Currently at 5ml per ltr
    Soil is from an unknown Background though seems to be fine.
    At the moment im using 1x 150w Blue spectrum Cfl
    and 1x 125w Red spectrum. totaling out at 275watts.
    a week into flower and i shall be adding another 125 Or 200watt Red spectrum
    bringing the total to around 400watts with 3 bulbs And possibly 3 different Diy'd reflectors Just so i can get the plant at different angles.

I recently Transplanted her into a Good sized water bucket after seeing roots pertruding through the drainage holes of the smaller pot. popping off the pot i would defo say it was root bound, really nice white roots through-out
    anyways now it has almost double the soil mass to play around in.
    had abit of an issue with a fan leaf But decided to remove it in the end as it was really the only 1 with the condition.
    At 5 weeks would i be able to see hair growth, by that i dont mean wild amount its just im sure i can see 2 destinctive hairs on the main stalk itself underneath the canonpy to be
    Im Thinking of Starting the switch tommorrow. What do you folks think? has she had enough veg time, There Has been visible growth over the last 5 days all of the colas are really fattening up and filling out tightly packed in considering i have no fan blowing. air is sucked from the ceiling out.
    Can any1 give me any tips for feeding during the switch or would changing from plant magic grow to plant magic bloom be fine just wondering as flower doesnt start right away!??? does it???
    here are a couple of pictures from today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    feedback, Advice and tips would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers
    tom.

2. bump any1 with any info could do with as much as poss
    Cheers

3. Do a flush , do the 12/12 switch. If the temps are not to high, water and bloom feed after one week from the flush.

4. Morning 215fly
    i will Proceed with a flush starting later on today, Temps Seem to of been Fairly Stable since day 1 although i havent checked what exactly they are, i will be introducing a blower Some time soon just to move air around as it gets abit warm under the hood.

Cheers for sharing
    peace

5. Has Anyone Out there in the city Grown Ice That could Tune in with some tips, what to expect????, Ive heard the ice is abit N demanding.

cheers.

6. #6 dayo, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
    Just abit of an update folks.
    Diy'd a couple of reflectors, i Will be removing the old 1 when the lights are out so they are ready for when they come back on.
    Ive also Just potted another seed that had sunk in the drink,
    Delicious seeds La Musa Fem.
    Here are a few pictures of the reflectors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will post weekly updates on the Ice grow Along with other bits and bobs that i happen to do hehe.

Cheers Oppinions Greatly Appreciated (along with tips)
    Any1 inn?

7. While it was in vegetation stage what were your light/dark hours?

8. It was on 18 on 6 off buddy, Sorry i forgot to mention that in the introduction.
    Shades are up and hanging ready for lights on :).

However having used 18/6.
    for my other seed i will be using 24/0.
    Cheers for dropping by.
    peace.

9. I am going to be growing with 4 2700k CFL's what would your recommendation be for Veg? 18/6 or 24/0?

10. Ive not tried 24/0 myself, But it seems that people say dark isnt needed during Veg Also Say more hours light = a faster growth So i Guess they are both viable in there own ways.

How many do you intend to grow and at what sort of wattage?

Cheers

11. Well the plan is too have 1 plant in a veg chamber that is 15" x 15" x 15" with two 80mm fans and 4 2700k CFLs. Then I have a flowering chamber that is LED 15" x 4' H x 15". I'll make a thread later with everything I am going to do.

12. #12 mustbelild, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
    I'm growing 5 ice plants right now, did 24/0 for 8 weeks before transplanting outdoors- I don't have light timers and kept forgetting to turn them on during the 18/6. I haven't had problems but my plants look taller and not as full so maybe they stretch more with the 24/0, they seemed to grow really fast though. I would let her veg more- mine grew lots from week 5-8 and are over 20 inches now- thk youd get better yeild if you wait 2-3 wks.

13. #13 dayo, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
    Morning folks, I would of loved to of carried on Veg for another few weeks But im pretty Inpatient, I Work and have a child on the way, And as im only in a flat right now, we will be moving in a couple of months so Time isnt on my side this time round. 5 Weeks is long enough i think, As im using CFL i ideally want to Spread my plant low and wide rather than Gain all the height and loose out due to poor penetration.

Anyways 2 pics of the refelctors this morning. What ya'll think... i will squeeze 1 more at the back on sat Along with Staking down the Arms and abit of a trim.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers.

14. little update as of today, La musa has broken from the seed and has now Been placed under 12/12 Along with the Ice, I didnt realise that it was an Auto, So I planted My last seed White widow to mother...
    Visible hairs are now coming through on the ice Along with a fair amount of stretch, Tommorrow i will be going to the shop for the 3rd light nocking the total Rated wattage to 400watts, i will also see if i can purchase a magnifying glass, Is It 40x to be able to see Trich's???

Pictures will follow tommorrow.
    Cheers.

15. evening folks Havent seen much interest in my grow but im going to post an update anyway!!!!
    Been feeding nothing but water since 3 weeks ago,
    havent had the time to get to the shop for the O T organic bloom.
    nor have i been to get another light But its on the top of my priority list.

Its a crappy phone image, However the plant Is indeed a female and is Spitting hairs out left right and centre.

2 weeks into 12/12.
    [​IMG]

Any reccomendation additives to go alongside the bloom nutrients?
    cheers.

16. Looks good man. Good job on the reflectors! tie down some of those branches if you can.. Get some light under that cannopy of leaves! Watch ur temps with all that light bro.

Dutchie

17. #17 dayo, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
    evening dutchie Thanks for your comments.
    Tying back some was on my list of things todo today But sadly didnt get round to it, Now the lights are out ill have to wait till morning.
    I have a thermometer In the room and Displays a Constant 25degree's C.
    ive Also got a couple of house hold Cfl's scatterd around the plant to help out till i get to the shop for another 125w.
    (Not in picture as the pic was taken yesterday morning)
    Next update I will Try a digicam image as the blackberry Is just not doing it for me pics do look dark :S

Cheers.

18. Lol my BB used to take the fuzziest but brightest pics!! Temps not too bad. when u start to tie back the branches dnt force them.. Tie it as much as u can then tighter when u can. GL an Keep us updated!

Dutchie

19. here it is as of this morning, Ive hung the 3rd reflector and added 2 household cfl for now as the left side was abit on the dull side. Still need to do some tying back tho.
    all comments welcome Cheers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Lookin good bro! If your lights aint too hot you could probably lower them. Do the heat/hand test

Once you tie her back, all the lower leaves will explode with growth! Try an get a fan in there homie.. Air flow def helps

dutchie