First grow ever

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Patricia Clemons, Jan 3, 2019.

1. I

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. #302 Patricia Clemons, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    turning into beautiful flowers.

humidity isnt giving up, still 50-60% lights on, can only imagine the horrors with lights off, fans blowing on buds.

Not sure whats going on with my tds meters, but this is the reading after applying nutes, ph6.5. feeding them way more frequently than when in veg, today i began giving them week 6 of the floraseries chart (im really on day 23 of flip)[​IMG] Using green shade with florablend and calmag.
    [​IMG]

My big plant seems to be slowly gaining more of this, is it normal? Thought calmag at first, have probably givin her 70ml of calmag in the last 7days (5ml/gallon per mixed with water/othernutes)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

this leaf had it a while [​IMG]

other plants, no real sign kf anything crazy... couple fan leaves on the very bottom looking like that[​IMG][​IMG]
    the other day i picked one or two dead fans large fans, and a few tiny ones, all lower; this i assume is quite normal.

other than that babys lookin great![​IMG]
    will aim for a white light pic on my next day off!
    Lots of tucking done. Yes those blemishes seem to be progressing on the bigger plant that was discussed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Weeooo wooooo! Nice looking plants there!

4. Looking great! I’ve thought about doing some leaf tucking. I figure that falls under more low stress? I can’t remember if you topped your girls?

5. yeah i topped them all. One i accidentally fimmed and that now has three tops.

I would say tucking fan leaves is next to no stress, i dont break them or bend them hard, merely tuck it under a bud site or out of the way, maybe behind another leaf or whatever to open up the bud its blocking.

Not sure if ill do it the whole growth as to not disturb the buds too much, im sure they can handle it.. i mean those fans i have on them now to combat the high humidity levels, really am fearing mold but i hope the airflow is enough to deter it.

6. #306 Patricia Clemons, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Adjusting some climate controls. will have good lighting pic when i can!
    Gave them each a gallon this morning of ph and calmag water (calmag every watering). big plant still showing weird signs of def, hope that ceases to exist in the next week.

So every few days i give them a 180, maybe to help with equal light around the plant.. Anyway lately ive really been knocking buds and stuff because they are bushy, perhaps i should cease this practice?? Still pull the large front middle one out when watering the back row, idk how yall with 9 plants in a 4x4 manage haha! six is really somethin :)

7. [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I started tucking a couple of leaves per day. Not really sure if it helps but it makes me feel useful. :) Btw, your girls are looking awesome! Really bushy and healthy. What flowering day is it?

9. Yeah very bushy. smaller back ones hmfph. flipped on 3/2 so 27 days in flower right.

Feeding alot when half gal, decided to give just calmag, gallon each. Lasts a several days. Will continue giving like half gal to 85 oz bi-daily again im sure, of full str.

I think fans help, and allowing a flower in direct light may help it grow bigger..? Or does it have to be same height as other two colas after top to achieve that greatly.. Hmm may have to read up on cellular diversion

10. If you can get the colas all the same height that is optional. However even exposing them to more light by moving/tucking fan leaves helps them grow more compared to being shaded.

11. #311 Patricia Clemons, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Pics from before watering. Little bit of progression on big girl. Gave 85oz of feed.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sticky icky
    interesting the difference between strains.
    excited for harvest, tired of taking rips of straight fan leaf or mound of stem from defol
    Any def? What those leaves!

12. You might start to see yellowing of old fan leaves. This will be normal as long as it seem like It’s affecting the lowest fan leaves and low inner fan leaves.

13. the first picture was an upper leaf. alot of lower ones have that look too, perhaps it is nothing

14. #314 Patricia Clemons, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Code 5 situation Red going on at work.

We sell a couple rose plants where i work and i picked one up and its covered in what i think is spider mites. As soon as i am home jumping in the shower and doing laundry.

[​IMG]

On a cereal box nearby in the store

I bought some succulents from here too the other day!! They seemed ok tho.... they were a shelf below

15. Update

some huge fan leaves turningyellow on a couple. Thinking normal at this point as bud production increases.

Little nute burn it seems on some (edge and tips discolored) Will give lower dose nutes to these.

Big one spreading rust like on fan leaves from previous pics, maybe ill give a very large dose of calmag next.

looking good so excited to see flowers fattening! at 78F and 55% rh.

Rh lowers temp hits 81ish as plants dry.

Temp slightly lowers and rh raises after water.

trying to disturb bud spots less but inevitble when rotating

• Like Like x 1
  16. Leaf tucking definitely helps.. goes hand & hand with LSTing..

Vegging outside the flower tent

17. It made a couple of leaves droopy but she doesn’t seem to mind. But good to do with lst with autos. You can’t do too much training with autos. Great idea! You can really learn a lot from others grow journals.

18. I am about to start autos after this grow. I talk to a few people on Ig who train the shit out of there autos and get way better yeilds. They said it’ll stunt veg time a week or less but he always tops and lst a bit

Tucking leaves. I see no point. If they are “soar panels” as everyone points out on here. When has solar panels EVER worked tucked away in shade?? Hmmmm food for thought. If u feel the need to tuck a leave. Cut it off. It isn’t doing shit but dying tucked away behind other plant material

19. Yea the ones that sit in ur medium might get a lil droopy but definitely worth the out come..

You should be getting new shoots popin up where u did some tucking at..

20. You only have about 2-3 week of veg time with some auto so taking a week of stun is not a good thing unless you know ur auto ur playin with..

Ive had autos show sex in 25-28 days from sprout.. meaning it only vegged 2 weeks.. then went thru a 2 week stretch and showed its sex.. if i wouldve topped that auto i wouldve probably only gotten an 8th from it.. lol

Other autos as the ACC im running right now too 6-7 weeks to show sex meaning she prolly vegged about 4-5 whole weeks b-4 starting her 2 week stretch then showing sex about 6-7 weeksftom sprout.. now this auto is probably okay to play hard with if u know what ur doing..

Imo leaf tucking is not useless and you shouldnt cut a leaf unless you really need to..

Their solar panels yes and they never really get tucked into complete shade unless ur plant is bushy a.f..

In that case putting it into complete darkness will definitely kill it..