Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

First Grow Ever

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by photosynthawhat, Sep 1, 2017.

• Like Like x 2
  1. Almost forgot, I'll be transplanting to 5g buckets with drilled holes after a couple weeks.

I'll be putting the buckets in the bottom drawers of the fridge, utilizing the drawers to contain drainage.

*I'll probably have to put blocks or something to keep the buckets from sitting in any drained water though.

-Logan

2. I cover a 4x4 with only 2 of those lights.120watts. It was about $125 or so with shipping.
    IMG_0689.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Could you private message me a link and such for these lights? Have an attic I could line it with these

• Like Like x 2
  4. I second this notion ^
    My < 1/2 year old Mars II 400 short circuited a few weeks ago and i had to send it in for repair (which Mars made me pay 1 way shipping for, $32 AUD). Still waiting to get it back :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah, I bought the 45w panel before I understood led lighting, and just saw it as a cheap option. More or less, I'm just trying to use it as additional lighting.

The other 4 lights that are hanging are 6500k CFL's. Those are primarily what I'll be using for this grow. I'll be ordering 2700k CFL's for flowering.

-Logan

6. This might be something I will have to consider for my next Grow. Thanks for the links!

-Logan

• Like Like x 1
  7. So last night I checked on my seedlings and one was bent over. I placed a small stick as a support and put a humidity dome over it for now.

My temp and humidity gauge should be here today, so I'm not sure what the current environment is like right now.

Any input on what this could mean?[​IMG][​IMG]

-Logan

8. Tbone is right . Compared to the mars those quantum boards are like light and day, and for the same price. Just my input .

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. I run a 450w meizhi and just put an order in for one of the quantum boards on Friday for my veg tent, and im sure its gonna outshine my 450w lol. Anyone I've seen using them has had great remarks for it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. So I went to modify my lights configuration into that of an inline, and knocked the seedling over that was doing real good.

So now I'm not so sure of either of their futures.

-Logan

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just go real easy on them for the next few weeks. Minimal minimal water. What you have for lights is just fine for quite a while.

The MG does have a bit of perlite in it, but when you repot you can add like 30% or more perlite. Keeps it really airy and nice.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fml, the soil seemed really dry, and I was worried that the drooping was due to under watering, so I soaked them good once and decided not to mess with them for a few days.

-Logan

13. Ok, I think I was under watering to begin with. I was trying so hard not to overwater them, that I did the opposite.

I watched a few videos online of people watering seedlings at about the same age and in about the same pot, and I was definitely under watering.

-Logan

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have a tight space to grow in. I can get the side of my plants right on the 45w light without any harm . Which is great for me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. an easier method would be just placing your clear cups inside a colored solo cop.. IMO

• Like Like x 2
  16. I agree, IF I had solo cups

-Logan

17. I'm considering hanging it flat against the back of my Grow space. I don't think it would benefit my plants right now, but as they grow it would.

-Logan

• Like Like x 1
  18. Got a new fan and temp/humidity sensor in the mail today. I hadn't previously been able to monitor temp or humidity previously, so just now getting those stats.

Temp is high and humidity is low, so I'm considering ordering a cool mist humidifier off Amazon. I had read that some people were able to boost their humidity while dropping their temps using them. Any feedback?

-Logan