First grow ever!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SpaceHammer21, Jul 13, 2017.

1. If he cut out the bottom of the cups the roots could grow right into the soil as it got taller that's actually a genius move for an outdoor setup I wish I lived in a remote enough area to do an outdoor op

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. That's what I thought! I checked like 10 pots and none of them were cut

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Wow that is impressive lolol

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Great looking grow so far

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

5. Thanks I'm pretty proud of it especially since it's my first attempt I only get exotic so even though this is bagseed it's still good genetics I'm excited to see how it progresses when it's flowering time prob another 2 weeks then I'm gonna switch to 12/12

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hell yea I'm excited to see the finished product

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Me too man it's so awesome watching this progress, I have always lived in smaller houses and just never had the ability too do anything like this, straight up some of the seeds I have in storage which is where this seed came from are 5 years old they are all thrown together so I have no idea what's what lol which is why I germinated 5 and when all 5 sprouted I put them all down hoping one would stick. The main thing I'm worried about is that I don't know if it's male or female so I might go this whole process start flowering and realize I gotta start all over, which is why I wanted to do 3-5 at a time then throw out the males so I'm kinda rolling the dice hard with this one plant buuuuuuuutttttt..........

8. [​IMG] I also just sprouted this little girl yesterday so she is a full 20 days behind the current plant in this thread if the first ends up being male I will only have to wait 2-3ish weeks to see if the next one is gonna be a female so I'm not waiting a full 2 months or more to find out what the next try is gonna be

9. I might just start starting a new plant once every month that way I always have 1-2 in veg and flowering phase at the same time

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's why I clone my plants as I put them into flower that away I only have to veg maybe 2 weeks before flipping my next set of plants. I don't get to harvest every month but I'll be harvesting every 2-2.5 which beats 4-5 months

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  11. Omg yea I was kinda thinking about getting into doing clones but I know nothing about it and just want this one to actually grow and survive before I worry about that kinda thing lol

12. Yeah it would be great if I could get it down to a science and have 1 plant ready every month cause then I would never need to buy again off the street as long as I got 1 Oz off each plant I would be good but that's my long term goal I don't have the lights or setup to do that yet just wanna get through the first grow and see how we do then go from there plus I'm pretty tight on money right now lol

13. It's easy and definitely worth doing even your first grow... all you need is jiffy pellets.. 4-5 bucks at a hardware store... I don't add anything else I just use jiffy pellets cuttings and water... I'll mist twice a day the first few days but after that I just water the jiffy pellets as needed and I don't use a humidity dome or anything like that... depending on the strain it can take 1-3 weeks just cut off branches that are on the bottom of the plant that look long enough to be able to stick in a jiffy pellets and have a stem sticking out... here's a top I cloned haha took a decent bit of the top off to make sure it had enough stem to root..only took one week to root as well [​IMG]

Grow journal

14. So pretty much all I have to do is cut off a branch and stick it in one of those pellets?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'll cut off the ones I want and stick them in a water bottle while I get everything ready.. then I'll cut the stem at an angle to expose a lot of fresh flesh and then make a little hole in the jiffy pellets dip them back in water for a few seconds and stick it in the jiffy pellet... keep the cuttings under a couple CFL's

It is really simple man don't let all these posts about clone machines and whatnot scare you from cloning all you need is 5 bucks to clone.

Grow journal

16. [​IMG] also this heat wave finally cut out in my area so I have the CFLs going again with a fan in the window not far behind the setup so the last 2 days I have had a total of 139 watts of cfl on the outside of the plant hitting the underneath leaves and overall sides of the plant then the 2 fluorescent fixtures with a total of 150 watts 4200k above the plants and 1 12w LED grow bulb I got on Amazon, I think that's why she has exploded with growth the last few days she is at the perfect temp plenty of airflow and a whole lot of light to feed on even the new one that sprouted yesterday is doing amazing

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ok so splitting the bottom of the stem is what stimulates new root development? I always wondered how that worked that's awesome though thanks for the tips man ur helping me out alot I really appreciate it. My wife has really bad anxiety but doesn't like taking Xanax or anything like that so this is our medicine if she can't find it there are days she can't eat or anything cause her nerves are so bad

• Like Like x 1
  18. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] figured out my final setup other then adding a few more CFLs during flowering. Now I can adjust the height of all the lights to my content at will and all the plants have adequate light also have some parsley going my wife started :)