First grow ever!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SpaceHammer21, Jul 13, 2017.

1. For right now I'm being careful with the watering after overwatering and it taking close to 4 days to dry out I didn't wanna make that mistake again and have the plant starve of oxygen now that she is actually getting bigger and needing more I'm going to start soaking it again in a few more days honestly it's about time to transplant her into a larger pot now that she is doing well and getting big for that pot

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Heck yeah man my plant got torched in a heat wave again today was really hot and she got a little too warm but hopefully it's going to cool off soon, she is looking great lol I'm jealous man while I'm digging my setup for on the super cheap "all bulbs I either already had, bought half off, or bought super cheap from some dude selling them on Facebook" and it's working but I wish I just had a nice LED panel that would give me the awesome results that u guys are having my plant sprouted On July 9th and was stunted a bit from the overwatering and heat but still is not even close to as large as urs

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mines a little bushier but not much bigger they are only 4-6 inches tall

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yea but I mean great growth that is consistent and no worries about heat and mine is only as tall as it is because it wasn't getting enough light the first few days it sprouted (had it in my window that got the most light) realized it wasn't enough and immediately bought the LED grow bulb I'm using and then the CFLs and now the fluorescent's so it got 3-4 inches tall in 2 ish days stretching for light and then it stopped and started growing leaves after I got the grow bulb, I really wish I could just buy a portable air conditioner to put up there but they are so expensive I feel like the heat is my worst enemy right now

5. I have a window open with the fan in it and it is helping alot but it's still not enough to keep it cool up there cool enough to where I want it to be

6. I went and got a window unit for 79 bucks from Walmart little 5000 BTU does the trick

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Lol I spent a total of 50 bucks on my whole rig if I had another 80 lying around I would have figured something out my hands are kinda tied atm

• Like Like x 1
  8. Idk what the budget is like but apps like letgo or other sites that allow you to sell used items locally is a good place to look for a cheap window unit.... I mean people sell em for a fraction of what they cost (like 20-30% of original price most of the time in my area at least) and it'll only be 2-3 years old still going strong just needs to be opened and cleaned up.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

• Like Like x 1
  9. I will have to look around hopefully someone is selling one near me

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gonna be time to transplant soon to her bigger pot and final home :) I'm excited

11. I'd recommend waiting a couple more weeks to transplant she's still pretty small and it's always better to play it say and give it time to really wrap around the soil so it's all intact when you take it out instead of falling off in clumps everywhere when you take it out... just my opinion

She does look good though only thing I'd have to comment on is to let the soil get a bit more dry in between waterings.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

12. Yea I hear you I just worry cause that pot isn't very large not even a half gallon I don't think with how I filled it and I don't want the roots to grow through to the bottom but I also don't know how big the roots would be at this stage I'm kinda new at this lol