First grow ever!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SpaceHammer21, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Well I mean either way even a 400W hps my point is that HPS penetrates into canopies very well compared to CFL and blurples... not sure how they compare in penetration with cobs or QB's though. Lol

I'm not saying I recommend one light over the other I'm just informing him that HPS and whatnot tend to be best for taller plants.

2. Yes I understand completely and agree, I was talking about where he said he wanted to get 4 MARS LED lights one for over top and 3 for side lighting. I thought I hit reply on that post but guess not was hurrying. I posted the light I bought just cause they are cheap( not sure if that's good or bad thing) incase money was an issue. Think that light has to be worth it if don't have funds for better or a need for expensive lights.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ah I had read it wrong is all haha my bad. Makes more sense now going back over it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fair enough, Good luck man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm on my first grow and I topped them and am not disappointed at all...the idea of having 5-10-20 colas instead of one doesn't spark your interest at all? That baffles me man lol do your thing though as long as your having fun!

First grow

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I agree but when I started 3 back up plants case of males and all 5 where females so far. I didn't train 2 at all want to see how big that top bud will get and at the time don't think I could of fit them all in area I had. Now I'm in 4x4 so got the room just want to see difference in plants. It might be good to do it (naturally) no training first time then do LST sec. see the difference.:pimp:

7. True for experimental purposes...but I like to think we can rely on other people's experience and knowledge knowing trained plants yield more.

First grow

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] ok so 2 updates 1 baby is doing well lol number 2 is I talked with a few old heads with many years experience growing homegrown bagseeds and there is a way to trick a male plant into turning back into a female it doesn't always work if the plant is full male it won't work but if it is a hermi it can work, so basically it's like what I was thinking but going a step further essentially removing every piece of the plant that is male all the tops as long as you cut them right and in the right spot they will re grow and possibly be female buds I chopped almost every but 3 tops that weren't exhibiting any male traits and now we wait lol it will either die from the massive chop job or it will maybe make some more buds we will see just did it today so the next few days I'm really interested in seeing if this even remotely works cause I was skeptical but I mean I was about to throw the plant away anyway so what do I have to lose lol I love a good experiment

First grow ever!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey might as well if you got the time.looks like those cfl's in the last few pics are pointing up?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Have you a recycle store there? Not sure where you are but in canada we have a habitat for humanity store. Anyway was browsing the store today found a new 1000w hid light kit and 2 bulbs brand new. Picked up for 35$ canadian

Sent from my LG-D852 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. I ain't seen a deal even remotely that good lol ever

First grow ever!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Its fantastic. 1000w is way to much for me but i may build a room later down the road. So its here just in case. If not ill re-sell it

Sent from my LG-D852 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  13. I'd say that for ventilation and air filtering but not for light...sometimes it can be too much for your space..I was forced to go get an air conditioner cause I went too big

First grow

14. Hey guys I know it's been a minute but I'm BACK BABY!!!!!!!! Had to take a hiatus due to a new job starting and general lack of time to start a new project but I'm back and I'm ready I just put 4seeds down to get them fermenting and see how many sprout I'm thinking all 4 will so far I haven't had a dud out of my seed stash but there is always a first for everything lol, I'm going to try a slightly different setup this time I'm going to spread my lights out for the veg stage all the way till flower so each plant can be separated by plenty of space from the other plants I think that is why all 3 of my plants turned male is because they were so close to each other ( or maybe just bad luck who knows) but either way not taking any chances this time and once it's time for flowering I will combine the lights like I did before and see what kinda results we can get, plus I made some rookie mistakes with my last plant so new slate new plant I think it's gonna be good, now we play the waiting game I expect 5 days from now I will be planting the seeds in dirt

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. Don't know if any of u who where around for my first go are still here but if u r I am excited to start the conversation back up with u guys u all we're great with ur advice and generally fun to conversate with

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. Glad your back now the journey continues lol

• Like Like x 2
  17. Let's hope they don't ferment lol...Good luck on the grow brother.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Holla if you have any questions. We want you to have a nice yield this go round.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hellyeah this will be interesting for sure