First grow ever

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MetalSasquach, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Hello GC! First time grower here, looking to share my experience with you all in hopes of some advise and reassurance.

Back story of my room I recently built:

My room is 9'x14' and 8' high.
    I painted floor and celine white, and covered all walls and Windows in 1/4" foil faced 4x8' sheets of insulation.

I bought two: hoods, 1000 watt HPS, 1000 watt dimmable ballast.

Other random: 3 fans in room, 1 exhaust fan, air conditioning and a heater.

Temps always consistent at 68-78.

I started with two random seeds I saved, and bought 8 clones. I just measured them all with tape measure. The 2 from seed are 37 days old and 23" tall. The 8 clones have been planed 23 days and range from 8-12". I just started using a fertalizer once a week (1-1-1). Been under 500watts 24/7. I planned on switching to 12/12 when time to start flowering, and giving them 1500-2000 watts.

Do my numbers add up, is my growth where it should be so far? Any other advise or guidance would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Your growth is fine, you can't even really tell bcs different strains grow at different rates. I don't like to have different size plants be said the bigger ones end up covering the small ones soon, you can't keep them that close to each other for ever, as they get bushy they'd need more space. Read about topping, top the taller ones, bring them to a more even canopy and clone your tops. Also by 24/7 you mean 24/0? I wouldn't do that unless they were auto flowerin strains. I'd stick with 18/6.

3. Yes I ment 24/0. Would it be bad if I were to switch to 18/6 now, after doing 24/0 for this long? I will research topping. Thank you