{First Grow EVER!} come grow with me I need advice(300w LED)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by ThatDankGamer, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Hello there, I'm a 24 year old who has been vaping for the last few years but has never grown before. I really need some help getting my first grow up and running as I have a few things that make my situation different.
    #1: I work as a travel worker staying 13 weeks on contracts at a time. That means that from planting to harvest I need this to finish in 11 weeks.
    #2 Because of this I will be working in a rented apartment space so smell control is very very important.

#3 Going up to Canada(I'm in Detroit) as soon as this contract ends( April 20th) to buy seeds in Toronto. That means I need your guys help in picking the right strain.
    Here are the grow supplies I've picked out so far on amazon, tell me if I'm on the right track and come grow with me from buying my first ever seed!
    Amazon.com

• Like Like x 2
  2. Since you're dealing with such short times (most photoperiod plants need 12 weeks ATLEAST) I would grow autoflowers.... They finish relatively quick and you don't even need to change lighting cycles. That being said, they're very sensitive and any little shock can and will stunt their growth resulting in a lower yield due to how fast it finishes (you can't control them).

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'll subscribe up and help where I can

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yep...your only option with that time frame is to grow autos. I know absolutely NOTHING about autos other than that they do their own thing on their own time frame...regardless. LOL But there are lots of great auto growers on the site here so it would be smart of you to find some threads on the forum related to growing those strains and talk to those good folks. It's a real job to control the smell and this is not something you need to go into lightly either. Put as much time and effort into learning the grow process for these plants as you did figuring out the setup you plan to use to grow. The LED is a great choice, if you've bought one of decent quality, because they produce less heat in a confined space and they also grow some really good buds. But you really need to study up on how to grow these plants because there is a definite process to it. They like certain things a certain way and if you're going to grow autos, you really need to be on your game since they are very sensitive. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks guys excited to bring you in on this grow. I was thinking auto's as well since I knew it would be very tough for regs to grow in such a time. Here are some of the auto's i could get from seed banks in the Toronto area.
    Dutch Passion - AutoBlackberry Kush
    Barney's Farm - Critical Rapido Autoflowering
    Royal Queen Seeds - Royal Bluematic
    Ontario Seed Bank - As seen in HIGHTIMES
    either the Hash plant or Hindu Kush on that last link. What do you guys think? Looking mainly for a deep body stone since I messed up my back from years of judo.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hash plant produces mad resin/trichomes. Great genetics.

All of those are great breeders I've used besides Ontario seed bank. I'm currently growing a royal queen seeds "Royal dwarf auto" and that's another breeder that's very reputable. Currently have some Dutch passion auto cookies as well waiting for me to use.

Just giving you reference to what people are growing and who's good. I would say those options are great.

Oh. Barneys farm another great one. Critical has some huge genetics I'd be interested to see that yield in an auto. I might have to get some myself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you're curious on how they grow do some google searches like "critical rapido autoflower grow" and click videos. Get familiar with the strains, you know?

• Like Like x 1
  8. how many plants do you think the 300 watt would support? maybe 2 of the royal blue and 2 of the blackberry kush?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Depends on your space and pot size honestly. You'd get a similar yield as if you were to run two probably just bigger plants. I plan on two autos for my 300w which is much less in reality (most LEDs are). I'll link my grow since we've got similar interests and specs. I'm early in this grow so you'll get the idea necessary to start.

Carters continuous closet expedition

The world is in your hands, mine are in the dirt.

• Like Like x 2
  10. subbed man glad to have your experience to guide me:) I did what you recommended and looked up some videos and i think 4 is wayyyyy to many. My favorite from looks is the blackberry kush, just an amazing plant check this out!

maybe I'll start with two of these and i can get another 300 watt grow lamp if i need?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Glad you dig . I'm here for your ride as well. Yeah I'm thinking two full sized is good for autos under a 300. Might need to add some during flowering for a kick.

I've got a photoperiod in there because it was a test seed and great genetics, I only have two seeds left . And it ended up taking off.

Blackberry is a beautiful plant. I've almost got it a few times. There's a lot of good auto genetics out there. I just started dipping into them.

Exactly. You got a good idea there. That light will be plenty to start for a while.

The world is in your hands, mine are in the dirt.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Subbed

• Like Like x 1
  13. thanks man I really appreciate your guys support!:)

• Like Like x 2
  14. hey guys, what size tent do I need for 2-3 plants and any recommendations?
    Going to scared seeds on the 19th and planing to start the grow before the end of the month.:)

15. 2x4 and up should fit 2 autos comfortably but if space is issue you could probably squeeze two in a 2x2

• Like Like x 1
  16. any tents you would recommend?

17. When shopping for a tent you want to consider things like vent holes, ease of access, light leaks etc. I have a 2x2 1/2 gorilla tent and I'm happy with it so far. Gorilla tents are "top of the line" though and cost a bit more so it's up to you on how much you want to spend

• Like Like x 1
  18. #19 AB5, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Just subbed. I'm also doing a 300W LED Grow, ( [First Grow] Tent Under Stairs [MARS 300 LED] [2x2x3 Tent] )

Small tent as you can see. Most of the stuff I purchased is from Amazon (thank god for Prime).

As Carter said, with that small window of time, you'd have to go with Autos.

EDIT: This is the tent I'm using: (if the link doesn't show, it's titled "24"x24"x36" Mini Grow Tent Indoor Hydroponics Dark Room 100% Reflective Mylar" )

The reviews are pretty accurate. It does the job. There are loose threads that can be annoying, but nothing that's going to hinder your grow. Zipper gets caught sometimes, but just a little back n forth fixes it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Was just looking at this one earlier tonight!:)
    yeah I'm an amazon junkie too it's pretty awesome. Thank you for the sub I've been lurking on your thread just kinda feel like a total noob so don't know what to say yet. Be really excited to post pics once i go get my seeds. Going up to Toronto and looking to the auto's from dutch passion (mazar,blackberry kush,ultimate)

• Like Like x 2