First grow ever - Autoflower Northern Lights - Growbox CFL - Screen of green

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gibier, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Hey Grasscity!

This is my first grow ever so I've build a small stealth growbox to cultivate my own herb in it! I planted 2 Nothern lights autoflowering seeds to keep it simple for my first time. Even if Screen of green might not be the best option with autoflower ... i'll try and see! I want to practice my gardening skills before switching to female seed (not AF) and scrogging them.

Every comment or advice are welcome!

Here's what I use in my growbox ;

Miraclegro Soil
    6 CFL (2 types of white)
    4x holes in the floor with pvc pipes for passive intake
    4'' intake fan (with prob for temp, only starting when temperature gets too high)
    2x 6'' exhaust fan blowing to right side of the box
    4'' Fusion Breath Inline fan with Carbon Filter with speed controler to exhaust outside the box.
    Mylar on the inside
    Panda film with velcro to lightproof the door

I also have the FoxFam Soil Trio (Big bloom, Grow big, Tiger bloom) but not sure to use it on my first grow ... the Miraclegro Soil might be enough ..... What do you think?

Day 1 (in the box)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Later, when I will plant seed not autoflowering, there will be a screen for each plant

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All locked up in my garage!

[​IMG]

So what do you guys think?

Ill keep updating my journal, and answering questions!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Which Miracle Gro soil are you using? I've got the Natures Care brand of the organic soil. If it has any time release food, I would let it run its time without adding in any nutes.

3. Very creative set up! I have grown autoflower before and it makes like a 2ft bud if u don't top it so I suggest start topping early for your screen ... Of course not yet though ... Do they spend their entire life in the chest?

4. Honestly I wouldn't top them cause with auto they have certain life span. When you top or cause to much stress it takes. Them to long to recover from it. If I were you I would lst them. It's worked best for me that I've found. But do whatever you want their your babies. Top one then lst one see which you get more. Good times peace ✌️

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for your replies guys!

It says ''feeds for up to 3months'' so I guess I wont add nutes.. that will keep things simple for my first grow!

[​IMG]

I dont plan on topping them... I've read its not a god idea for Autos cause of their shorts life span.. they dont have enough time to heal. I'll only try to keep the branches under the screen with some light LST during the vegetative period.

I do plan to keep them in the box for their entire life... i'm a bit worried about the height... but if people manage to do it in PC case ... I can do it too :) Like I said ... This is like a 'test run' ... trial and error!

Day 2 :

[​IMG]

And again, Thanks guys for your comments and advices!
    Have a nice day! 'Cause the best Wake&Bake is a Coffee&Vape! :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Here's an update, temperature in the box varies between 23 to 26 celcius and humidity is around 60%

Day 4 :

[​IMG]

7. Hey guys!

Been a few busy days at work so here's an update...

I decided to name my little babies... so its easier to identify!

Green pot : Kaya (Slang for marijuana of African origin)
    Grey pot : Juanita (Slang for marijuana of Mexican origins)

Day 10 :

[​IMG]

Kaya is looking good so far!

On Day 6-7, a yellow stain appeared on Juanita's leaf ...... It might be my fault... the soil got really dry....
    I circled the stains on the photo

[​IMG]

Any ideas why?

8. How did your autos turn out?

All you need is love