First grow dwc scrog LED 300w

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Wolfbain, May 23, 2016.

1. Where's the fat buds at my man?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Finally starting to ripen for me. I've been checking trich's every other day and I'm seeing some milky start to show up so I think I'll dump my buckets and run water in a day or two til they're ready. I'll post some pics of the better ones when I get home

3. DON'T YOU TEASE ME WOLFMAN!!!!

We started around the same time, so I like to be able to compare our growth. Yours was a bit denser than mine last round, so you may have bigger buds than I do. Feels like the last week of flower has been uneventful.

4. Careful about harvesting too early. The color of the glands method is a little hit and miss. It depends on what bud you look at if it's ready. I've been reading a better method is to just watch the plant. When it's close to ready the hairs will retract into the buds as the buds swell. The buds will also begin to change color to more of an amber hue. This is when to harvest, not the first time you see cloudy glands.

Many plants go 10 weeks plus or minus a week or two. How many weeks have you been budding? Harvest too early and miss out on an extra ounce or two after you waited all this time. I'm holding out until the bitter end to get all the weight I can.

If you're desperately looking for more light distance you can run 3.5gallon buckets. I like them better. My buddy runs 5 gallons with a 600hps and my plants are much bigger. Granted that is subjective but I believe you can grow just as big of plants in dwc with 3.5gal buckets compared to 5 and they're about 4" shorter.

5. I got you man, lol. Glad I'm not the only one here checking in, I've been checking out your girls since you first posted on this journal. And I'm honestly surprised to see buds as big as I am. My plants both got an extra topping from the nute burn, weirdest shit. But i thought id be stuck with a bunch of micro tops and popcorn

6. Thanks for the insight Tbone. I've been reading and rereading a lot of "when to harvest" posts and stickys that are telling me the same thing. I decided to start my flush today, based off my pistils beginning to retract and amber trichs that I've spotted.

7. I might look into the 3.5's, 4 inches would make a world of difference right now. I'm going to try some high stress training for my next run, I'm thinking mainling currently but the extra veg time makes me nervous. Oh and to answer your question I'm on my 8th week of flower.

8. I'll tell you that when I change my water I put my plants in an empty 5 gallon I bought from walmart just for the purpose. I noticed that my tallest plant couldn't even fit in my tent if I had a 5 gallon bucket dwc. The top would be getting burnt. I can only move the light up about another 2 inches and I'm already getting slightly singed.

9. Pics as promised. Been waiting for them to look better before I get a good lights off picture. Ignore the light burn and gentle nutrient burn

Attached Files:

10. I've just been dumping the water through the level indicator tube and giving them a gallon or two each of ph water til the water runs clear and just pouring in the new mix over the hydroton. I got tired of trying to hold my branches up with one out of the box, lanky things just fall over

11. I really think that you have two weeks left. Where are all your yellow leaves? Don't feel bad I have a slight nutrient burn too. Live and learn. Next time I'm never going over 1/2 strength nutrients. I never even ran full strength and still got burn. High strength nutrients aren't necessary in dwc. The roots are always in the nutrients they don't have to be strong.

It took me burning my plants to realize that. They did really good all veg time then I got greedy and tried to up the strength higher. I blame my plant sitter for most of my burn. He did ignore them. I came home to nitro toxicity. I should have been running them weaker though especially when I was gone. I won't go over 1/4 tsp on any nutrient except humic acid and liquid koolbloom from now on.

12. From what I've been reading the yellowing will happen over the next few days from the lack of nutrients. And I've also seen people flush even in hydro for well over a week. I'm literally regurgitating info so if I'm off base please fill me in. The best advice I've received from experienced blades and everything from the forums is here or there so I wouldn't be surprised

13. I have major yellowing at 5 weeks on all the lower foliage in at least 2 of the plants. I've heard it's normal for that far into bud. The plant stops taking nitro in from the roots and instead takes it from the leaves starting at the bottom towards the end.

14. #54 Wolfbain, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    My plants both got up to full strength with no problems. I got overzealous and thought they looked like they could use some P and K so I upped the big bloom and tiger bloom and that's where my burn came from. I did get an eventual clawing on one but a small drop in the grow big seemed to fix that. From now on I will mostly just do what I think they need, using the feed schedule as more of a guideline

15. I have bright green almost yellow undergrowth on both, leaves and tips, and I've been losing a leaf or two a day to them just shriveling up. Didn't know if that was because of the plant changing its intake or not having enough N to support new growth

16. Don't give it extra n. It needs a slight amount but it mostly is not going to take it up at the roots and too much will easily cause burn. That's why most bloom boosters have little to no N. The plant naturally progresses near end harvest to relocating N from fan leaves to buds. That's one reason that too much trimming is bad. You don't have that reserve nitro for the end.

17. I tried giving mine extra n when I noticed the dramatic yellowing and it made no difference at all.

18. Makes sense. Yea I learned about the Nitrogen, I thought it wouldn't be worth chancing more burn this close to the end for what at best would end up larf. Not even good larf at that

19. To much of anything at the end is going to mess up flavor as well. Keep it light.

20. The majority of my buds have gotten about 40-50% red hairs and my trichs are about the same % of milky. I'm doomed to leave my harvest until I have a day off won't be til next week though I'm hoping Sunday maybe Monday. Gave the girls a low dose of nutes to hold them off then I'll start flush again at about 5 days til. Girls are doing great