First grow: DWC, QB, RQS Special Queen #1

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by RaceToLive, Aug 11, 2018.

1. #1 RaceToLive, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    First of all, thank you all for the wealth of amazing information on this forum!

This is my first attempt at growing cannabis. I've been growing greens and tomatoes indoors in hydroponics for a few months so I have a basic idea of how to do things.

I started this grow on 7/15/18 . Here's a list of all the relevant info I can think of

2x2x60 Grow tent
    4" fan w/ carbon filter
    4" oscillating fan
    8.11.18 Tent.JPG
    QB304 LED dimmer all the way down. 19" above canopy
    12 gallon reservoir w/ 4" airstone directly beneath 5" net pot.
    I cut the lid of the res about 1/3 of the way back from the front so I can easily access the water to check PH/EC without having to disturb the plant once the SCROG is in place.
    8.11.18 Plant.JPG

Feeding GH Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard

RQS Special Queen #1 Fem seed.

Planning to do a SCROG (Already made a PVC frame w/ masonry string for the screen)
    Screen.JPG
    Here is the log of temps, PH, EC that I've been making to try to keep track of things (sorry for the horrible penmanship)
    8.11.18 Log.JPG

2. #2 RaceToLive, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    I've noticed this past week that some of my leaves, mostly on loser part of plant, are getting many small spots on them. My first guess from what I've been reading was maybe a Calcium deficiency? I did a res change yesterday to see if that helps. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 8.11.18 1.JPG 8.11.18 2.JPG 8.11.18 3.JPG

3. Any pictures?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. I tried posting a bunch. When I view the forum thru TapaTalk on my phone I can't see the pics I posted. When viewed on my PC they work fine. Anyone know what I need to do so they work both ways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Possibly slight nutrient burn? The tips are starting to claw which is an indicator of high nitrogen. Any signs of bugs?

6. I saw one small white flying insect (possibly a whitefly) 2 weeks ago. Sprayed 3 times, 3 days apart w/ Spinosad and have seen no other signs of bugs.

7. Then if I had to make an educated guess I would probably say nute burn. Especially with the leaves clawing. I had burn on my plants and it looked identical to this.

8. Thanks, I'll watch for a few days since I just changed the res and see how they look. Should I remove the damaged leaves or just let them grow?

9. I left mine. If they get worse then I would probably remove.

10. Things are looking much better after the res change. Installed my SCROG this morning to see how I do at this training stuff. 8.13 1.JPG 8.13 2.JPG 8.13 3.JPG

11. So this is probably going to sound like a stupid question but i need to know what I'm doing. I read a lot about SCROGing and most people say train it so that there is one bud site per square on the screen. Can someone point me in the right direction for identifying what a "bud site" looks like? I'm sure this will be very obvious after seeing my first plant in flower, just need somewhere to start...

12. Hahaha man I remember them days. A budsite is where the buds form. Its the new growth thats usually more lighter green at the top of branches and many that form up and down the branches.

Fan leaves are the big leaves on your plant. I see about 7 budsites on the pics from your first post.

13. How are you changing your res? If it’s by pulling your tub out you are going to be in a bind once that girl gets big. Once the plant grows through the scrog, moving it isn’t really an option. Best to figure that out now.

14. Yes. Changing every 2 weeks. I made the res so the front 1/3 is removable. Then I just drop a submersible pump in and drain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just wanted to post a quick update. Things seem to be growing great. I tucked a few of the branches under the screen for my first time today.
    [​IMG]
    A few leaves still have tiny brown spots on them, cant figure out whats going on there. Is there any chance this could have been wind burn from a fan being too close?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In a few days I'll be leaving for a 5 day vacation. I'm going to try to have water topped off and PH at a good level. Any other preparation I need to make to leave her for a few days?

Attached Files: