First Grow-DIY Bubbleponics & Bagseed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Basementninja, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Ok, so you talked me into posting a grow journal.It's coming up on week 2 now, but I've got a few more plants coming up.Check out what I thought was a good lighting idea.I fixed that with a little work.I didn't realize no nutes were needed for the first few weeks, so of course they let me know I was wrong.Fixed that with little effort too.Here are some pics of day 10 for the two beauties.

Attached Files:

2. So I realized that I should start from scratch w/ the water.I think I was getting too much light into the container & getting some algae to form.So, I washed the whole pump, airstones, hoses and tub.Refilled with 4 gallons distilled water, and made the container light proof with some spare emergency blanks.The nutes have been reduced to just trace amounts,about 1/8th of the recommended amounts.Already showing signs of improvement.Also made a Light fixture out of some spare fiberboard.Fits all 4 lights & reflectors like a glove.
    The whole fixture sits on the shelf supports that can be raised or lowered in 2in increments.
    So as the plants grow, the shelf raises.They are really digging the fresh water, and the res is now pitch black making it harder for those nasties to grow.

Attached Files:

3. Thats awesome dude cant wait to see what becomes of this grow!
    Whats your lighting set up?

4. Sorry about the late reply.Growing is tough, I have learned.It's been a while since my last post on this Grow Journal, but it's time for an update.

5. OK then, this is the one in the middle of the original setup.The smaller on the left is still veggin' strong.I am flushing right now, w/ pure melted snow.yummy...

Attached Files:

6. Look's good man, what kind of lights are you using.

7. My setup consists of a veg room and two smaller flowering rooms.I have a 4' T5 8 Lamp unit that puts out 54W per bulb for veg.One Flowering room has Two 105W @2700k & One 105W @ 5000k.The other room has Two 85W @2700k & one 85W @6500k.This is my first grow ever, and my first bud I am preparing to smoke!!

8. How much was your lighting set up??

Sounds good go blaze

9. I have 6 heavy duty Porcelain Base power cord/reflectors @ $13 ea.
    The 7 Cfl bulbs were around $23 ea, from 85-105W,(I found the bigger one's cheaper later)
    The 4' 8 Lamp T5 was $240 w/ 8 Plantmax bulbs.Not cheap,but not bad...(discounts @ the local Nursery)
    Somewhere around $400 for everything, not all at once.Learning as I go, and trying to stay cheap without sacrificing higher quality products.I thought I could do 6 plants w/ four 85W mixed spectrum.But now it's just short of 1000W total for the same 6.(plus some clonies)

10. The budding plant in the pics is some bagseed I started flowering while sharing the four 85W bulbs w/ 5 other potential ladies.But a few weeks in she got her own room w/ more powerful bulbs.If I were to have had it in under the same conditions from the start of flowering, I think it would be much better looking.In room #2 there's some Blueberry and more bagseed(which I am almost positive is a herm.Knocked off a few balls and still watching every inch for more. She/he has gotten a lot of my attention so I don't want to trash it.I will probably harvest it soon and give the lil' nugs to my bro.The last thing I want is to pollen to be floating around my ladies.The left is the blue, the right is the herm.

Attached Files:

11. All is going well, it's update time.Can't wait to harvest this delicious looking bud.It came from some seeds out of a bag I got from a buddy of mine.It was some of the shittiest shwag I have smoked, but that was due to the lack of love, nutes, proper harvesting,curing and storage.Not wet,bricked up tighter than a dolphin's butthole(watertight).
    It has been almost 8 weeks since flowering has begun.The trichs are still crystal clear but coming in nicely covering the nugs.I snipped off a few nugs, trimmed and hung em to dry for a bit.They are looking as good as any dispensary bud I have bought.They most resemble some Island Sweet Skunk I got.The pipe is loaded w/ the ISS, some organic durban and northern lights extract on top.yummy...

12. Time to get dirty.I sort of left out that I had done some cloning to get a feel for it.The blueberry clones I took did the best and are now seated in some FFOF.It took a bit to get them rooted in the "jump start" container I bought for cheap, but it worked.I used the rapid rooter plugs and they work pretty well.There are only a few that have not sprouted roots yet.I think it helps to use plenty of the gel when using the RR plugs.They kind of wipe it off when inserted.Maybe I will fill the hole w/ gel first, and dip the clones next time.
    The dirt clones are for an outdoor Guerrilla Grow I will be conducting this spring.They will have a head start on the Veg, then they're heading out to an undisclosed location we will call "The Crick".

13. For everyone who has hung around for my first harvest.Bud Pron for you.Sorry about the lack of updates, but I will continue posting as the ladies keep growing.So, lucky me, I took a whiff of the Bagseed Herm that I am flowering.It smells just like the Chem Dog strain i have tried.Smells like LA Confidential, Sour Kush and a little like Sour D.I noticed a male flower had popped up and matured while my back was turned.I removed the flower but rubbed a little smear of pollen on the top of a lower budsite on my Blueberry.I can just imagine a Yummy Sour Blueberry mix.I am hoping anyway.So these pics are of the Sour Herm(an).

Attached Files:

14. Here are some pics of the Blueberry that is flowering and its Sister in Veg.The sis really took off, She is now the Mother plant for my somewhat perpetual grow.I have taken several clones from her and they are unbelievable.So big, so fast.The left two pics are about 2 weeks into flowering.The Right 3 pics are 3 months veg.

Attached Files:

15. Here are a few nugs of the Lemony Bagseed I harvested recently.Got a 1lb of grade A butter from the trim and 1 oz from the plant.My Wife and I both agree this shit gets us more ripped than most of the Dispensary Buds.The smoke is smooth, not harsh.Burns slower, not like Gun Powder...

Attached Files:

16. #16 Basementninja, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
    Just another update...I donated a Blueberry clone to a Buddy of mine who is a Medical Patient.Doing my own cloning has brought the price down from the dispensary $25, to just a few cents for me.Say WHATUP Chester Cheeba!!
    I was doing some scouting for a new spot and came across a pile of junk that someone had dumped.I found (20) three Gallon planting pots for the next step up in my dirt grow!!It is a Dumbass who dumps 20+ Recyclable pots to rot in the sun...Saved me a few dollars there.

17. What up Basementninja! Lookin nice man...very yummy! I hope my lady starts looking like that soon.

18. What if it has balls instead?
    You'd better get your money back!!

19. I'll just steal this monster blueberry bush I saw lmao

20. Watch out for Attack dogs!!

Attached Files: