First Grow. Day 12. What do you Think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TOKRFRED, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Hey Blades,

I have been wanting to grow for a while and have finally got my ass in gear. I am currently building my flowering tent and have 14 plants in veg right now. :love-mj2::love-m3j:I'm going to be throwing a lot of information at you but I greatly appreciate any and all feedback.

I'm growing 12 Master Kush from bag seed, hoping to get 4 strong females. I'm also growing 1 Bubba Kush, 1 O.G Kush and 1 Critical Jack from Dinafem, all feminized. Lastly, I received a free feminized White Widow with my order so I popped that one too.

I germinated them with great success using the paper towel method and planted them into solo cups with holes in the bottom for drainage. I plan on going from solo cups to 1 gallon pots in late veg and 3 gallon pots in flower.

I'm using pure Sunshine Mix #4 in the solo cups and have mixed some with about 30% additional perlite for my larger pots. I may add additional dolo lime later on.

My veg light is a 432w 4ft 8 Bulb T5HO and I will be running 2 600w HPS lights in a 4x8 tent for flower.

For my tent, I have 2 hood reflectors connected to a 460cfm 6" fan and a carbon filter connected to another 460cfm 6'' fan. I plan on using passive intakes on the tent. I'm also going to be venting outside of the whole room while bringing fresh air in.

I have noticed a couple gnats flying around over the last couple weeks. I placed some traps and they seem to be under control. I have had no signs of any other insects and inspect my plants regularly.:rolleyes:

Veg room temps are in the 70s with the lights on and 60s with the lights off. 60% humidity.

Until this morning I have been watering with plain 5.8ph tap water, which I let sit out for 24 hours. I will be buying a RO system very soon because we have hard water and I suspect it may give me problems down the road. Water temp is in the low 60s.

Last night I noticed the plants were starting to fade out so I decided that today would be their first feeding.:biggrin: I'm going basic on my first grow so I gave them Sensi Grow A+B at half strength.

And I think that's about it. :weed: I have a couple minor concerns but i would like to hear the opinions of the community first.

I would just like to say thank you to everyone here. This forum is one of the reasons I started growing and I have learned so much because you guys. Thanks so much for everything GC. :gc_rocks:
    P2.jpg P3.jpg P4.jpg P5.jpg P6.jpg P1.jpg

2. hi there,,them flying gnats lay eggs in the grow medium ,,,so when you pot up .if you can cover the surface of the potting mix around the stem of the plant to stop the gnats laying their eggs in it ,,,,cardboard or thin plastic would do it ...or you could buy some nematodes to water in to the potting mix which would get rid of them ...or even cover the surface with half inch of perlite ,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 MickFoster, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    You mentioned transplanting from the solo cup to a one gallon pot in late veg - they should be transplanted at two weeks from sprout - like 2 more days. Sunshine Mix #4 is primarily peat moss with a small amount of coco - both of which are inert and contain no nutrients. Soilless mixes like this require food from day one, and should be fed regularly to provide the proper nutrients to the plants. Your plants are hungry man - feed them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 TOKRFRED, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Thanks for the reply. I understand SS#4 is a peat based mix and i try to water appropriately. I water every 2-3 days, when the cups are feeling light. I water until I get a fair amount of runoff (I pour a bit extra due to hard water and the build-up of salts). I was also under the impression that the seeds contain all the nutrients they need for the first couple weeks? This makes sense to me considering my girls were 12 days old before showing any problems.

5. That's true when in soil because the soil provides nutes, but inert mediums like peat, coco, and rockwool require food. The reason your plants are light green and yellowish is because they need food.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1