First grow :D Aurora indica nirvana

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Jackzilla420, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Hello everybody and welcome to my grow journal... This will be my very first go at this and i will be using 600 watt viparspectre LED light! Fox farms nut trio and happy frog soil.

I am using my closet as a grow room and will be slowly trying to upgrade it as i go!
    So to start off i have popped the seeds using the paper towel trick and have planted them 1inch under the soil and put under the LED light am currently only using the VEG mode but am wondering if i should have the flower mode on too.. i read somewhere to keep it on full blast so someone please give me a lil advice will post pictures shortly!

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 Jackzilla420, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    IMG_1577.jpg Little heads poking up :D

3. #3 Jackzilla420, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    One week down :D 1 week down.jpg

4. good luck with nirvana's knock off genetics, heard this is one of their better offerings tho

5. #5 Jackzilla420, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    I need help all of them seem to have purpleish stems and the 3rd set of leaves coming in appear to be purple on all of the plants what could this be? 4A10D4C9-B828-4BF4-B546-2BCE2F018A19.jpeg A42DA23B-61AA-4D83-8DF2-F1562D04F3FD.jpeg

6. this is happening to all 4 seedlings!

7. They’re completely fine the stems always look that way, I actually had a plant just yesterday with purple leaves they are now lush green. :) stems for sure completely normal no worries there

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Leave it the fuck alone and let her grow. Every little spot or purple stem is not cause for alarm! CHILL MY BROTHER!

• Like Like x 1
  9. By the way, your grow looks right on schedule.

10. Looking Good ! Takes lots of patience at this stage, Most of the growing will be happening at root level , Looking Forward to your updates ;)

Aroura indica is a great plant to grow, My plant had a very good mold resistance and did not 'stun/stop' growing when topped / defoliating. Very Strong smell when flowering.

11. Thanks guys i have an update for you :D
    the leaves seem to be curling a little bit but other than that they started looking like theyre growing again!

That does make sense though i was thinking they might be trying real hard underneath the soil because i started the seeds in 3gal pots def will try something smaller next time...
    Do you guys think keeping them there whole life in a 3gal is good or should i move up to 5gal in a few weeks when theyre ready?

12. I also place a few cups of water in there to bring up humidity it.. it seems like when the lights on it stays in the 20-30% but at night its at the 50% 5A2FD34E-80F4-49F6-8485-EEE3943A957D.jpeg 6BC2F592-C488-4619-A0BE-A47C260EA17D.jpeg 885F0810-C9DA-487A-8FC2-53ED0AA953B5.jpeg AD5F693F-58A9-49E2-96B5-C651E517C922.jpeg

13. Is this average for being on day 11th?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yup, Looks great for day 11 :) I see Good things Ahead!
    When starting in a large pot the plant will grow a little slower to start but them roots will be filling out nice.

Id stick with the 3 gal pots -- unless you want to grow some big ass monsters.. A typical guide is 1 Gal each 1 Foot of plant Or a 3month old plant = 3 gal, 4 month = 4 gal..

'twisting' leaves -- Its a good thing called accelerated growth, It means the plant is growing faster than it would in nature :)
    (check out my 1'st and current 2'nd grow - Aurora Indica's)

15. Awesome well thats good to know!!!
    i have unlimmited space but my problem is my light limitation do you think i would be able to hit a Lb with my setup if i use the topping/lst technique with fox farms nute trio and 5 gal pots?

16. Your exact same day as I am! That’s cool

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Thats awesome! Link me your journal so i can follow it :D

18. Sorry to say, Its Unlikely you will achieve 1LB of bud on your first grow. There are so many factors when it comes to getting them perfect fat buds.. Nutrients can be... uhhh crap.

Do you have a way of stopping high humidity at night ? My First grow had an air intake from outside and at night my tent hit 80%+ Humidity and crappy cold temps with 12 hours off spawned mold.

Aurora indica is a short plant and will stay short and bushy regardless of pot size, 3 gal should be a great size unless you plan on vegging for 2+ months.

My First grow was a FAIL for 600W Hps :( Only like 4-5 OZ Expected maybe 8-10 .. but i did flower them a little early and my nutrients (biobizz) / water was crap.

• Like Like x 1