First Grow, Cynex. Starting Flower Cycle.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by kalofkrypton, May 8, 2012.

1. #1 kalofkrypton, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
    Hey everyone, Kal here. Been getting a lot of help around the forum from some awesome people. First and formost my Buddy KamelRedLight. He told me a lot about using cfls vs the one 100watt bulb I was using that only had 1300 lumens, 3 feet away. :-(
    Figured I would start a journal for myself and get some help if I need it also.
    I started with a wardrobe box, miracle gro organic choice soil, " " plant food,
    Liqafeed bloom booster, 1 100watt incandescent bulb, and a box fan. Then I Germinated 2 cynex seeds I got from bud about 3 years ago. Planted them on April 9th.
    Started researching everything after that. Learned what I had wasn't anywhere near enough. Got better lighting'ish and the plants got bigger. Still not satisfied I kept researching. Learned about cfls and started adding them every so often until I had 8 26 watt 6500k bulbs.
    The plants are now 29 days old and I set the timer to switch tonight at 10pm off and to 10am on. Can't wait for them to start. Going to add a lot of the pics I took and progress shots on a separate post.

Smartphone currently won't let me attach pics. :-( will do it asap.

2. #2 kalofkrypton, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
    1st setup with box fan on the shelf above.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After only 2 days I had sprouts.
    [​IMG]
    Kept getting bigger everyday. Didn't know at the time it was becuase they were desperately looking for light sources. :-( also was researching the strain hardcore. Figured out how to spell it after a couple weeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See. 1 bulb way to Freakin far away. The box is lined with foil.
    [​IMG]

3. After more research I figured I would switch to using 4 t-15 daylight bulbs. Got better. Changed my fan too.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More lighting searches and threads and questions I got some cfls and changed my setup again. Later came to realize the tubes were way to far away to do anything but light up the box more. The 4 cfls were doing the work. 2 light clamps, 2 y bulb splitters, and 4 bulbs.
    [​IMG]

4. Now on day 9 and learned a hell of a lot. Plants are looking really pretty. No nutes since the miracle Gro has what they need. I later learned M.G. lacks magnesium so I started adding Epsom salt to the water. 1tsp a quart. I use smart water bottles to water my plants. Living in Oregon my water ph is quite low. Avg. Of 6.4. I had also at this point given them one feeding of the organic choice plant food.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's 4:20!!!! Had some friends over and smoked the hell up out of Davy Jones. A five hose hooka I made. Can fit an eighth in the bowl. Checked out and did some work on the "girls" today.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Funny, you can see the holes from where I test the soil ph. Use a digital one over anything else. :)
    Davy Jones:
    [​IMG]

5. looks good dude

6. 4/23 changed my setup again. Mounted the box fan to the bottom of the main box to push air out insead of down. Temp maintains around 80-82 degrees F.
    [​IMG]
    4/24 day 14
    Added two more cfl lights today for a total of 6 and removed the 3 tubes I had running. 11,820 lumens in the space. There is a reflector in the top to send light back down. The space is adjustable, and is 24x21 and about 1.5 feet tall. Lights are completely adjustable.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Day 16: added the last two cfl lights. Now running a total of 12,940 lumens in a 2.33 sq ft. Areaboth plants are now 4 inches tall with a 5 inch leaf span. Finished my research on the strain now CYNEX, and got my info from the place it originated.
    [​IMG]
    Day 18- 4/26
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. 4/30 Day 21
    Watered both plants after not watering for 2 days. Soak the soil around them well with room temp water that is consistant ph 6.5.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. #9 kalofkrypton, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
    5/1 tried to separate the branches so they get more light.
    [​IMG]
    5/3 got some bloom nutes to replace the liquafeed bloom booster I was going to use.
    [​IMG]
    5/4 Tried a much better way to separate the leaves out using garden stakes I cut how I needed. Plants started to show first signs of magnesium deficiency so I mixed up a couple quarts of water with Epsom salt in them to fix it.
    [​IMG]

10. Day 25- New box, new look, new lining. Got a shelf to put the plants on. Easier to lower plants. cleaned up a lot from the last edit to the box. Cut up for air circulation, light placements, etc. Using emergency blankets to reflect the light better. The whole setup just looks better now.
    [​IMG]

5/6-5/7: you can see the new lining and shelf. Also you can see where I added the two 55 watt bulbs for tomorrows switch.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Here is a bulb shot of the inside of my box, and also a plant shot. Both plants smell faintly when I open the box up. :) new lights made me turn up my fan a bit, temp is holding around 83 degrees F.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The space I am using to grow is adjustable in height and right now I have roughly 5.2 sq. Ft. To light and I am running around 4340 lumens per Sq. Ft.
    Already had the big bloom, but picked up some Tiger Bloom for now, and a couple 3 gallon smart pots for the future.
    [​IMG]

Also gave both plants the other half quart of big bloom I had mixed up between them, and gave them the other half a quart of water with Epsom salt. Regular water for the next one.

NUTRIENT QUESTION:

It says to use the F.F. big bloom and Tiger Bloom every other watering. Does that mean just switch what I am using each watering or to prevent nute burn should I use big bloom, then water, then tiger bloom ? The feeding after that? So nutes, water then nutes again?

12. nutes. water. nutes.

13. #13 kalofkrypton, May 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012

Sweet thanks. :) :smoke:
    This is the cover to my grow journal. To represent myself and my Gf "Tink". Also some pages from the inside of the guide.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Those babies are looking nice! Thick and bushy! This is gonna be a good grow.

15. Running into a problem. I'm not sure what this is exactly. I thought it was Mg deficiency but now Idk. Anyone have any ideas? Three different leaves on the same plant. My other one seems to be doing pretty good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Potassium maybe? Do you know the soil pH?

17. Well my tester keeps saying its a flat 7.0 and the water I'm using says its (the water) is always around 6.5. So I figure since the water readings change and it changes when I stick it in the soil but always reverts to 7.0. Idk, maybe I need a new tester.

18. Well if it is accurate, maybe you just need more food in there. My best guess is K, maybe a little N too.

19. Yeah. I mixed up a bottle of tiger bloom, (Quart) and split it between the plants.

20. Wait...like, you used an entire bottle of Tiger Bloom?!