first grow couple questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dimpoblimpo123, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Hey everyone so freakin excited to start my first grow in a week or so just got lots of my equipment (2x2x7 tent, 400w hps+mh bulbs etc)

got these "air pots"
    [​IMG]
    Guessing I just place them on a plate or something?

Wondering what kind of soil mixture would be good any specific brands or things I should throw into the mix? Lots say stay away from MG so what should I try out? Not looking at spending a whole lot on my first grow more just for learning the ropes.

Also for the size of the tent I have only one exhaust fan, do you guys think this would cause problems with heat? The tent will be in a basement bedroom, so its cooler and dryer. I haven't set anything up yet I really just want to make sure I get most of the required things before I jump into this.

I assume I need a ph test kit and ec meter too, any Ideas on decent one I can get from walmart, home depot, Canadian tire or other store rather then online orders.

Cant wait to get this rolling I have 12 seeds iv been collecting from bags of decent kush and friends over the past few months
    [​IMG]

Any helpful tips or recomendations on things I should pickup or any info for a first timer is all appreciated:hello:

2. #2 zeroshawdow, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
    ***Last Warning***

Growing is 'HIGHLY ADDICTIVE' :laughing:

Congrats in your first grow :)

If you want to play safe with just water. You will need to purchase a good organic potting mix. I will recommend what I have used, not necessary means is the best. However my inputs are based on my own real reviews and not hypes !

If you have access to a Hydro Store get "Happy Frog Organic Potting Soil". You can start and finish by just adding water and nothing else.

This Bubba76 was harvested last Friday. She grew with the Organic Soil and fed just water.

[​IMG]

That is a simple as it gets. On the other hand, if you like to complicate things like; I like. get before anything a Digital PH and PPM/TDS/EC meter in a Hydro Store. Is very unlikely Department Stores like the ones you mentioned carry any those.

As far as medium for Soiless Mixes. I have use with good results; Peat Moss, Perlite, Compost, Lime, Garden Tone with good results. With this mix, I tend to use chemical fertilizer a simple (N-P-K) will do great.

My preferred method is; (100% Perlite)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope it helps !

Zero

3. some seriously frosty nugs. I did have some nutes
    [​IMG]
    but would much rather do a organic grow because I have no idea how to use these nutes..

found this all organic mix
    https://www.rona.ca/en/soil---organic-soil

4. Just start with 1/4 for a week and take notes. Next two weeks raise the solution to half and takes notes. Coming week increase to 3/4 and take notes and if the plants seems to be asking for more food give her full strength (which is highly unlike to happen)

Just get your medium and your are all set

5. thanks man, I found a sweet little local hydro store not to far from me on google, Ill check it out tomorrow and see if they have the soil you mentioned, as well as some testers.

Also found some sick diy carbon filters on the site, ill for sure need to be making one of those in the future. Wow to excited to start this:D Spent months researching this forum and some others following grows and reading tons of grow tips.

6. Everything you got sounds legit to start, that's all the stuff I started with, along with good nutes. Also the garage is good for HPS cause the heat seems to escape faster

7. Check out my 1st grow vlog [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOOgRqH8dw&list=HL1346248708&feature=mh_lolz]First Grow 3 Weeks Old - AUTO # 1 - YouTube[/ame]