First Grow. Cookies Cabinet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TreehouseGrow, Aug 7, 2015.

1. So I have been lurking this forum for years but have recently been really interested in growing, I like working with my hands and learn pretty fast. I have little to no experience growing plants in general but I have done ALOT of research and browsing of these forums and think I have enough info to begin. I will have loads of questions along the way.

I will be growing in a roughly 2x2x3 with the ability to make it taller as needed.

The cabinet is almost done but I am waiting on fans bulbs power strips and a few other Nic nacs.

I will be using 5 23w 6500k cfls and 2 2700k for begging (I can add more as needed)
    And for flowering 4-8 2700k and 2 6500k all 23w.

Will this be enough to expect at least an oz?
    Don't want to use anything other than cfl until I have a little more experience.

I have two of fans going out for exhaust and I have a hole for fresh air that will hopefully have good suction.

It will be completely sealed with a calk fun, I don't know how it's spelled ha.

I will also have a mini oscillating fan for thicker stems and keeping heat from one area.

I will be doing LST for maximum yield.

I would like to know what soil you recomend as I have heard a lot about fox farm but which one?

I am using General organics for nutes.

Here are a few pictures of the making of the cabinet.... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438976550.513629.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438976563.549970.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438976577.192347.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438976588.697035.jpg

2. The Moreno look at the cabinet the more I am thinking scrog is the best. Any opinions?

3. Time and time again I recommend this method, its legitimate and effective and far less of a hassle then LST. Here is a link to an article on mainlining your pot plants to maximize yield and to evenly distribute nutrients to all nodes for extra bud.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/manifold

Using this method you need less plants per grow room due to the extra growth. This way you can almost have the yield of two plants from one seed. Your vent system looks great! You could throw up some Mylar in there pretty easily and staple it?
    I bought this stuff a while ago, its a good deal for the price and its of good quality.

4. Also, think about investing in a different type of light to mix with your cfl's. Most normal lights like HPS or MH lights get to hot for rooms like that and they run much more of a fire hazard. A couple 300w would do the trick, and there like $70 each. They don't really output 300w, I believe its around 180w that why a few would be good. LED's are super easy, just hang them up safely and securely and plug them in.

5. @DoomGuy Yea I will go with scrog and thank you for the link. For my next grow I will spend the money for better lights but for now I am going to stick with these purely for heat and the ability to add more as needed. I haven't gotten to covering the inside but I will be using Mylar. Do you have a suggestions on soil?

6. Finally got the cabinet all done, already thinking about my next 3 stage cabinet in the next month or so.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439608896.304676.jpg

got all the soil and nutrients.

Going with fox farm ocean forest soil with 3:1 perlite mix as well as a table spoon or two of dolomite.
    General organics go box nutes

I have decided on mainlining from a clone which is a bit trickier I have read but I'm up for the challenge.

Will be getting my clones Monday and I will get two so I can choose the best one. Will also be my mother plant.

I will check back next week with an update if anyone is following haha.

Stay up