First Grow, confused strains already?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by weedhatchetling, Jun 6, 2018.

?

am i big noob?

1. ya

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. maybe

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Hello GC, I have had these 2 girls (assumed) under a 200w cfl with an 18/6 light cycle. The strain of the seeds were 00 Bubblegum Fem. Autoflowers, however one of these plants looks completely different from the Bubblegum plant that I know matches correctly. Did I mislabel my seed/seedling, and am getting a possibly sativa dominant plant? Thanks for any input guys. If I need to give more information, can do.

Attached Files:

2. /shrug maybe, doesn't really matter tho. n they are both super young so they might turn out looking more like each other then ya think. it's w/e tho weeds weed

3. The unknown plant, being the left in photo, looks similar to another "California Skunk non-fem" strain i have under same light. I'll come back when it is ready for sexing.

4. Looks like they are a little bit thirsty and doesnt have proper light. I guess 3 weeks old? I would go with 300w+ for sure. Little bit latter, I would double it.

5. GC is poppin, thanks for response people. In fact these 2 are under a chinese made LED light, 180-200w actual wattage. Agreed they could use a better light. In past attempts of growing, i killed my younger seedlings by overwatering (possibly also lack of soil drainage). Been going light on the feedings, not watering to runoff. The clawing of the leaf tips is cause by underwatering or overwatering?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Will definitely invest in more CFL if these LED's dont turn out

• Like Like x 1
  7. Also something very important I should add, i've been balancing the pH of my tap water to around 5.8 - 6.5 , should i measure runoff at some point in time and choose an exact pH to feed? All plants seem to be doing fine with the current water, although knowing there is chlorine in my water is a little scary

8. #8 Superglued, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    The same strain of plant can have different phenotypes that present a little differently seed to seed. It’s not a perfect example, but it’s similar to siblings having different colored eyes, hair, or skin and be varying heights.

You might have mislabeled your seeds but it’s more likely that this plant is half and half indica/sativa and is just presenting a more sativa phenotype while they other seems more indica.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Probably it's me - panicking :).

Edit: they are not slightly bent more than it should be IMHO

10. If you leave your water out over night with the lid off the chlorine will evaporate off. It will also usually adjust your ph down a tiny bit. My water is high but after leaving it out to evap chlorine and adding nutes it is right at 6.2. Depending on where you are you should only need to water once or twice a week. One good way to tell is to lift the pot when you’ve just watered to get a feel for how heavy it is full, then wait three or four days and lift it again to see how it feels. It takes a little time but you will start to get a feel for the weight.

What soil are you using? Do you have decent drainage at the bottom of the solo cups? Your plants are almost big enough that a little run off is ok.

One thing I’ve noticed is it’s easier to start in bigger pots. I used to do three or four pot sizes per plant and I was always fighting nutrient issues and root bound plants because I was always a week or two late moving to the next pot.

I’m still pretty new to growing so don’t take my advice as scripture or anything

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey Superglued, appreciate all your input. Early on in this grow, i was weighing the cups (with a scale) before and after watering. Of course found that to be tedious and now just rely on the hand lifting method as you mention. The solo cups currently have 4 - 8 small/medium holes in the bottom. I will be transplanting all out of solo cups into 3, 5 or 7 gallon fabric (smart but not smart brand?) pots. Not sure how i'm going to regulate my watering with such heavy bags of soil when the day comes...

• Like Like x 1
  12. I know guys, especially europeans, love Autos, but I hate them. They are crossed with ruderalis to promote the "auto" flower. I don't see how you can call a cookie/PPD cross that when it is then crossed with Ruderalis. I'd rather have normal female plants, that I can bud at optimum health. I think cutting corners results in a shitty end product.

13. your plant on the left has taken on the dominant ditch weed characteristics of ruderalis.

14. Agreed, my hopes are much higher with the Normal plants , non - autoflowering. Only reason i purchased such strains is because they are supposed to finish quite a few weeks faster than photoperiod, and I would like to have an early harvest to taste something early. I agree the visual of the left plant is much uglier to the right plant. Ditch weed though? we'll see what happens, very possible it might turn out shit

15. Keep us updated.