First Grow/ CONCISE Questions!!!! Eager to learn!! :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thatdudeart, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Hey Guys,This is my second time posting on the forums as new proud member of Grasscity. Not only am I thrilled to be part of a great community, but I feel secure in knowing that if asked correctly I will receive knowledgeable answers from some of the most experienced growers on the net! With that said, I am coming to the community with some of the following questions for my first GROWROOM.
    I Know that to get good answers, good questions need to be given; So I will start off by listing the equipment being used, preceded by plants' data I know how to give. Then questions will be written numerically.

Equipment:
    * 1 4'11" X 2'7" X 6"7 GROWLAB GL80 tent
    * 1 400 watt Sun Systems HPS Light
    * 1 vegetation light purchased yesterday giving off 42,000 lumens
    * 1 House fan on the right side of the tent approximately 1.3 feet away from cooler that plants are sitting on. ***Canopy of PK Kush (tallest plant) is roughly 1.5 feet away from the light
    * I have a Can-Fan original high efficiency tube fan with Free air Flow at **142 CFM (cubic feet per min.)**
    **The exhaustion system is set up with the hot air being pushed OUT of the tent into a carbon filter.
    **BOTANICARE CNS17 VEGETATIVE NUTRIENTS
    ** pH bottle drop tester
    **general hydroponics pH up
    **general hydroponics ph down

*******18/6 cycle*****
    Clones:
    ** PK kush indica plant (right)
    ** Blue Dream sativa plant (left)
    ** Purple Urkle (far back smaller plant)

Medium:
    roots organic soil

Log:
    Clones were purchased medically on January 11th, and were dried for three days before I could get all the equipment. On January 14th, They were given water and nutrients after being transplanted into gallon pots. Also, this was the first day they received light, however I mistakingly used a flowering light and just started to use a vegetative light yesterday. I pH the water to 6.0 and then fed ( is this when i mix the nutrients in water ?) each plants with 2 cups. Last night, January 17th, I fed the plants again which I think was a mistake because now the leaves are drooping on the blue dream :( any thoughts? I think i overwatered it.:(

1)At this time, both temp and humidity are unknown) b/c i dont have a therm.
    2) I am aware that each plant needs a different PPM, however I am confused on measuring the PPM. I guess my question is how would I calculate the PPM for/in my plant without the use of a PPM meter. Whats the equation? I am using BOTANICARE COCO AND SOIL FORMULA CNS17 GROW 3-1-2 ( WHAT DOES THIS RATIO MEAN?) ---on the back of the bottle it says that I should give 10 mililiters per 4 liters of water during the clone phase.

3) I understand that light lessens our ability to see potential diffencies and discolorations in the plants. From the pictures, are there are any visible problems?:smoking:

4) Also is it bad that the stationary fan is blowing directly at the plants on LOW?

i Do not know the RH factor yet sorry:cool:

Sorry guys i know this post isn't very organized but I wanted to give you guys as much information as possible. here are the pics

Attached Files:

2. The nutrient numbers mean N-P-K (Nitrogen-Phosphorus-Potassium) example: A 50 pound bag of fertilizer labeled 20-10-5 would contain 20% nitrogen (10 pounds), 10% available phosphates (5 pounds), and 5% soluble potash (2.5 pounds).

With new plants, you should never feed until 2 weeks of growth. After 2 weeks feed half of food then full strength.

I think they might be over watered? I water mine when the soil is dry. Also make your pics not sideways, kinda annoying.