First grow, complete noob here

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by McStabby, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Ok, so I tried to germinate 4 seeds(3 of the 4 have started germinating, and 2 of them have pretty long white roots or whatever they are, about a cm long it seems like), and that's all fine and dandy, but, I'm broke at the moment, and I don't have money to buy lights. Would I be able to get away with putting them in styrofoam cups with soil in them temporarily and just put them out back until I can get lights?

I'm on a really tight budget, and that seems like the best option for me for now. Would it work, and, how long would I be able to get away with doing it?

2. sounds like a rushed grow...i mean you can get away with it for a week or 2, but they'll out grow those cups fairly fast.

3. well, it's too late to do anything else. So.. do it.

4. #4 prez420, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    The sun is the best grow light you can use. In fact if you live out in the middle of nowhere or have really cool neighbors then u should just plant them in the ground and let God handle the care of ure ladies. Any grower will tell u the sun has the best quality light around and if it wasn't for risk of theft or jail time most people would grow outside or in a green house and save the money on those expensive mh and hps grow lights. The only sad thing is the sun cant be turned to a 24/0 cycle so i would think it would take longer for ure ladies to give u some bud. If i remember right the harvest time for outdoor bud is around sept or oct and is best planted in may. Id say put em outside just be careful cuz cops and thieves will rob u if they see em. ( well cops just want to force you watch them anally rape ure family and kick your puppy)