First grow comments on progress and suggestions welcome

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by theplantman, Jan 7, 2009.

1. I'm almost 2 months into my first grow.

Veg area: 3.5x8x8 two 600w MH 11 plants 2 are my mothers 9 to go in to flowering for my first harvest

Flower area: 7x8x8 four 600w HPS (area not in use yet)

Nursary: 2.5x3.5x8 with a 250w MH and a EZ Clone machine for 30 clones (not in use at the moment)

Medium: Black Gold organic soil at 7ph

Water: Bottled spring water ph at 7

Nutes: Not in use yet as I've transplanted clones till recently organic veg and bloom when time is right plan on using nutes on next watering if ness. next week.

Temps: 74-78 when lights are on 63-68 when lights out

Air flow: Can fan venting lights pulling air out of unsealed areas

Will post more info and pics in the next few hours thanks

2. Here are those pics I speak of

Attached Files:

3. Looks like you have all your bases covered. They look very nice~
    Keep posting pics as you grow. What strain is this?

4. Great job!!! :hello: what are you using to germinate your seeds in the first pic??

5. The strain is called Ice

The machine in the first pic is called a clone machine I don't use seeds as I just get fem clones from a friend the machine sprays the roots these cuts I get from my friend are small I plan on taking my cuts 3 times that size

6. real nice setup, keep me posted on this ice, ive been deciding if i should try to grow it.

7. I cut my first clones of my mothers yesterday and they weren't looking good really sagging leaves and stems can these cuts take a 250 MH from 3 ft away I was told this would be good but I don't wanna loose these clones anything I'm missing on lighting for these babies. Help please....

8. 3' away from a 250 watt should be ok if your temps arent getting over 85 F.
    When I take a clone I use CFL's until it takes root then I move them to HPS.

Maybe you have a seperate space you could hang 4 Daylight Blue Spectrum 6500K CFL's? And IF POSSIBLE... Get those trays with the dome lid to hold in moisture.

Are they on a 20-4 light cycle? You don't want to put fresh clones under a 24-0 light cycle because the roots need some dark time to grow well. ( just a thought while I'm :bongin: )

9. Put them on a 18-6 under the MH 250 but now got them 24 under 2 75w flouro grow lights

10. PH is a little high. For soil you want it at 6.3-6.8 for the best nutrient uptake.

Other than that, lookin way good:)