First Grow , Comments Appreciated !

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lbcxcuhzin, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Number of plants: 3
    Grow Space : 2x2x8
    Soil: Miracle Grow feeds up to 3 months.
    Lighting : Two 47in 30w Cool Florescent tubes standing vertical mounted to the door .
    Two 24in 20w Cool Florescent tubes hovering above 5 or 6 in' from plant.
    Light Cycle : 18/6
    Ventilation: Oreck Air purifier for air movement , and open now and then for fresh air.
    Wrapped the room with backside of foil.

I got the seed of the plant in the back to the right from my dealer and he said it was ' platinum haze '.
    Seed of the plant in the back to left i got from a good batch of dank claimed to be Maui , but of course Maui is Sativa. This plant is deformed.
    The seed from the plant in the front is from a Purple Kush plant.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some input , its my first grow.
    Is this enough lighting for the plants ?
    What type of nutes product should i get ? For veg and flowering ?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 1st, that soil will be bad news for them, all the way through te grow, stay away from soils that say "feeds up to # of months", they contain timed release ferts which is the bad news. go w/ organic soil & mix some perlite in w/ it. those lights need to be 2-4" away, & the rule of thumb is 50-100watt of light or a minimum of 3500-5000 lumens per plant. depending on your budget the ferts will vary, but for veg a fert similar to 20-20-20 or 24-8-16 (u want the 1st # the highest or = to others), for flowering u want fert w/ something like 5-20-10 or 5-40-15 (u want the 2nd # highest, 1st # low, & 3rd # inbetween) to much N (1st #) will delay flowering & cause sparce leafy buds during flowering. & the ph needs to be 6.5-6.8, w/ temp @ 75-78 & RH @ 60%+

3. I would suggest using mylar instead of aluminun foil because it skatters the light.

4. I agree, definetly get RID of that death soil and fine something without nutrients.

Also, Get rid of the aluminum foil, all it will do is create "hot spots" that could potentially burn your plants.

You are much better off just painting the wall flat white.

5. I also agree to drop the light on that bad boy... see how they are very skinny before the first set of leaves... well that means the plant is stretching to find more light. It isn't getting the proper light for healthy growth.

6. Would i need to get them in to new soil asap ? I just transplanted them from small cups into 3 gallon containers about 3 days ago. Would you guys recommend transplanting them again in to nute-less soil ?

7. Yep. You want to do this before they start setting the rootage into the fresh compost with slow release in, as you'll disturb the new roots and they won't like it at all, the longer you leave this the more they will put new root growth into the compost with slow release nutes in and you'll end up having to break the fine new roots.

They will recover quickly after protesting but if you do this asap you'll avoid pissing them off at all.

A normal compost, not acid aka ericaceous, will do but as always the better soil you can give them the better they will like it but multi purpose if fine.

Don't add feeds for a while as the new compost will have all they need and you don't want to over nute.

The green they are at is nice and they obviously have a good amount of Nitrogen and Potassium already with that health so let them settle in and feed on what is in the compost for a week or two then start feeds low to normal strength slowly.

8. I just transplanted them into miracle grow organic potting mix. Thanks for all your help fellas!

9. ack MG organic is what i grew with, its drainage has mad issues so i had to add alot of perlite, i hope you added some if not, well i dunno the soil sux tho at draining properly. it reminds me of hot shocolate mix in cold water