First grow, comments appreciated

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by endlessdream, Dec 14, 2007.

1. I have a very simple design. I'm going to have one, maybe two plants in one box thats about 3' x 1.5' x 1.5'. I'll probably end up doing two plants just in case one is a male. I see a lot of people making cases with many different rooms. I don't smoke a ton of weed, so if I get an ounce from one or two plants, I'll be happy. With this in mind, does anyone think it would be a bad idea to just grow a couple plants, see if one or both is a female, then simply take a cutting from it just before harvest and just start the process over? Is this what most people do who are really in need of being discreet? I really need this to be stealthy, so making a bigger cab is out of the question. I'm disguising it as a sub woofer box.

I'm pretty sure I'll be using 4x 23w 6500K 1600 lumens CFL bulbs, Think that will be enough for two plants? Which spectrum would be good for flowering stage? 2000K?

2. Anybody think this would work or am I way off?

3. I think your plan is pretty good. I think your overestimating your 1 oz per plant though, not to say its not possible. With such a small space make sure its well ventilated too. lighting sounds good, the key is balancing light with temp. Put as many as you can in there, just make sure its not too hot. Most warm white bulbs are 2700k, anywhere around that is good. You can also usually find 42w warm whites anywhere. GL

4. i just built a box with those same dimensions, i was planning on having one plant and doing a SCROG grow, or maybe LST. i think one of those methods would benefit you the most, it will drastically increase your yield. make sure its ventilated, if your doing a stealth grow you will want to make sure your box is very well sealed. i have 2 computer fans on my setup, theyre only like 5 bucks on ebay. use one for intake, and one for exhaust. make sure you have some type of odor control, whether it be a filter on your exhaust fan or something else. also, go with the 42W CFL's, as opposed to the 23W.

5. I've been thinking a ScrOG grow is the best way. This is all going to be done in my room. I leave my bedroom door open all the time and will have a carbon scrubber attached to the back. I'll try to leave a fan going at all times to circulate the room even more. My passive intake is 8" x 8". It's made for a dark room, so it should be light tight. Do you know the cfm rating on a standard 80mm pc fan? With the passive intake, I was thinking maybe I'd go with a 120mm exhaust fan into my carbon filter.
    The lights have been upgraded since my total lumens aren't even 5K :( Hopefully with 4x 42W CFLs I'll get about half the lumens of a 150w HPS.

6. As for the ventilation. You guys think an 8" x 8" passive intake and a 120mm extraction fan would be enough to ventilate this little cab? Fan is rated at 65-85 cfm.

7. you should be fine with that setup, let us know how the grow goes!

8. You may want to start with 3 plants. Starting with 2 has a 25% chance of getting no females, but starting with 3 has only a 12.5% chance of no females.

9. thanks for the stats and the links you have are great