First grow, closet grow :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kush21, Mar 22, 2015.

1. #1 kush21, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    hey hey hey 

So first grow, 80w CFL and feminized northern lights x white widow 

I will try to do weekly updates and All tips and advice welcome :)

2. #2 kush21, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    set up and 3 day old girl 

3. Kush21, nice start.  Just want to wish you the best of yields and potency on your grow, mate.

4. Good luck. Is that actual watts or equivalent watts. Just some advice from my experience before you buy more cfl lights it is much easier to go with LED and probably doesn't cost much more either. I paid 104$ for mine including shipping... I probably spent over 50$ on lights/sockets, and you'll have less hassle with moving the lights. I think I have only moved my LED 3-4 times in 20 days, and it isn't hard to adjust.

That's just my opinion though. It does look like you have spent some time setting that 85w up though. Looks nice. Also don't take what I said the wrong way I'm not trying to insult your grow, mine is nothing special... Just some friendly advice from my little bit of experience. I started my first grow with CFLs and I ripped the plants up, they were just some bagseed from mids though... But hey, now I have a bunch of 100 watt equivalent light bulbs :p
    Subbed BTW.

5. yeah dude its actual watts and im open to LEDs but seeing as I brought this im just going to stick with it and see the results. dude i dont see a problem with how the lights are hanging they take 5 seconds to adjust, just shorten the chain, put it on the hook and if thats all you can pick out then i must be doing okay for my first set up haha

thanks for sub

6. As it grows you will need more CFLs have poor light penetration... But as it grows you will need side lighting.

I can't really give much info on them but there is a guy that strictly uses CFLs to grow (i think?) His name is ecbcrew or ecwcrew can't exactly remember but if he drops by this thread I am sure he would be willing to help you out... From what I know he is on his third grow with them... I think on his first one he said he got around 25g dry and then more the second time, all.most 2 oz
    PS you gonna post any pictures? :p