First Grow, Cheap Set Up, Getting Results

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by KCityBlazer, Jun 19, 2010.

1. What's up to the GC community.

So I've recently embarked on my first adventure of marijuana cultivation. Mine and a buddy's curiosity soon spawned into a summer experiment, that is coming along nicely. Long story short, I started taking care of 2 Blueberry Kush plants, and planted 4 others from bagseed (mystery strain). Started off using 2 standard 32w fluorescent tubes, later adding a few more 26w CFL's. They're quite older now, but here's some earlier pics of the 2 BK's and the 4 plants planted later on...

Obviously i'm taking the cheap route, so far haven't spend over 100$ and things seem to be working out. If anything, it's a joy just to watch these little babies go.

Let me know what you guys think, I'm mostly posting this for my own satisfaction, but any pointers, tips, or comments would be awesome.

Attached Files:

2. Here they are about a month later. Because of space restrictions, they were recently put into flowering (about 1 week.) To my surprise, it looks like they are ALL females. This being my first time, I was pretty skeptical that was the case. But so far, many white pistils and no pollen sacs.

I've also been trying some experimental suppercropping/LSTing, seeing what happens, and if I can reduce their vertical growth. Any other tips on keeping em' shorter would be sick.

Attached Files:

3. Hey man. :wave: They look good over all. :)

You really want to do topping lsting etc in veg, it's hard to stop that stretch in flower once it starts. ;) I tie branches down in flower but I wouldn't chop at them. :)

You ideally want more light, i think they have stretched quite a lot in search of more watts. :)

Good job for a first shot. :smoking:

4. Thanks for the insight, much appreciated.

I've realized for a while that I need to add more lights, but their growth so far has been decent enough for me to make due with what I've got. Hopefully by the next grow I'll have a more legit, higher wattage set-up.

Anyone care to comment on the 6/6 females?? I was honestly shocked to discover this. Is is a stroke of blind luck?? Or should I be on the look out for hermies?

5. The girls are in their 4th week of flowering, all showing many pistils and finally starting to actually bud a bit. I'm pretty stoked, have to say I wasn't even sure I'd make it this far. Here are some updated pics....

Attached Files: