First grow. Cfl's

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by mattd_9, Aug 20, 2008.

1. yo gta iv is a sick game

2. lol random
    but yes, it is sick

3. haha well i spotted it in your second pic from 9-2-08 haha but yea plants are lookin good but should probably get them in some bigger pots... bigger pots=bigger roots=bigger buds my friend:D

4. update
    got a new fan exhaust system, works mush better, and is more quiet
    pics of my plant
    lately the bottom leafs have been turning yellow? im thinking i need to transplant it
    any suggestions would help.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      134.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      78 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      95.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      83.7 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      101.7 KB
      Views:
  5. Transplant NOW!!! Give it a good drink as soon as you do as well.

6. transplanted my plant into much bigger pot now
    i deff think i waited too long. the entire cup was root, and i tried to break the soil off very loosely, but it was so tight, it didnt work quite as planned
    i think shes doing okay though, gave her lots of water
    hoping to see her bounce back soon! :p

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      98.3 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      83.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      137 KB
      Views:
  7. just another update lol.
    plants fully recovered, i started to tie it down again. its starting to get a lil smell to it :hello:
    lots of random pics.
    012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg
    just a quicq question.
    what should i do, when the plant gets bigger? will it smell alot more? i kinda need to keep this on the d.l as much as possible :p
    for now. i put a bounce sheet over the exhaust fan lmfaoo. room smeels awsome now :D

8. Looking much better than the last pics... Nice work.
    Peace
    DM

9. just one plant?

10. mmm yeah. i dont really have the room for 2.
    but who knows. i could get 2 males. <_<.
    so yeah i dunno.
    lol. one for now

11. You usually don't have to worry about the smell until it starts to flower.

Great start dude!

Peace

12. meh.
    another random update haha. i got bored :p.
    Plants been going crazy lately! and i think the lsting has been working! because now the top, and one of the middle branches, are parallel in total heighth. gotta start tieing it down again.
    010.jpg
    011.jpg
    013.jpg
    i also took a pic of my stem, my buddy said it was almost the same size, as his fully grown plant? haha. so heres a pic :D

012.jpg

also, i was wondering. is my pot big enough for my plant? theres a little bit of root coming out of the hole in the bottom. but i only put this plant in the pot like, a week ago?
    its about... 4L big. im guessing. its 22 cm wide i belive, and about. 22 deep.

Attached Files:

• 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      62.7 KB
      Views:
  13. During veg you only get a light "planty" smell which you can usually pass off as something else (i.e. musty air). However, once you get hot and heavy into flowering, if it's a girl, you are going to raise some serious stink. One plant can stink up a two story house in a matter of hours.

If this is a stealth grow and you are going to have people at your place that can't know about the plant you should start putting together a solution now. I built a growbox (good ole' nails and plywood). I then put together a ventialtion setup and made a carbon activated filter for about $30. It has helped contain the smell really well, though I think it's time to change the filter. I am on my first grow, currently in flowering.

I hope you have a girl!! For my first grow I only had one plant as well. It is going to be very stressful for you in those first two weeks of 12/12 waiting to find out if you wasted all of your time/money/electricity!

Most of the stuff I mentioned I've documented in my Grow Journal (in my sig). Good luck with your grow dude :D

14. yeah i was wondering wat to do about the smell.
    i was going to buy an air purifier, for my room to help with the plant smell, and the smell of me blazing.
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/p...sortment=primary&fromSearch=true#BVQAWidgetID

what kind of carbon filter did you use? and where can u buy one? did u just put it over the exhaust fans? lol sry. im not exactly sure how it would work

15. mines only 2 weeks into veg its stinky as a motherfucker lol

16. I custom built my carbin filter using Ryoko's Guide, which is excellent:

http://www.gardenscure.com/420/security/60127-ryoko-builds-diy-activated-carbon-filter.html

Here are pictures of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It went right over top of my two 80mm dual-ball bearing (see: quiet!) computer fans:

[​IMG]

Materials were about $30! :D