First Grow(CFL's)-{Grow Box}-from clones

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Live2last, Jan 28, 2010.

1. O sweet man, ill definately go on a venture to find a willow tree. The three week mark of flowering should be on the 7th so i was gonna taxe some super clones and pray to ala that they root. Im gonna go get some gel as well. that powder shit was horrible.

Anyways thanks for the bubble cloner advice, once i have a need for more clones when i have more room ill definately set one up but it just doesnt seem to make enough sense since ill only be running two plants at once, tops.

Pictures to come, thanks for the help guys!!:wave:

2. #42 Live2last, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2010
    So here's a few pictures of the progress... She keeps getting a little to close to the lights and with the rubbermaid box thats one thing i dont like. But i was thinkin about puttin a little window so i could check it out without taking the whole thing off. I would make it so i could seal all light out and keep all light in when it wouldnt be in use. Who knows...

Anyways let me know if you have any questions or comments :ey:

Attached Files:

3. #43 GrapeStreet, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2010
    Lookin' awesome! Good lookin LST.

You know, you could add some of that budweiser to your watering schedule, and go get a nice microbrew from a local brewery.

:hello: Support your local brewers & growers.

On that note, have you seen the Farmacy products yet? some Cali import franchise or something. A few dispensaries are carrying it. Guess they tried to open a shop in town but it didnt work out.

Now some of the other dispensaries are selling "no cali buds" merchandise tryin' to keep it local.

4. #44 Live2last, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
    Anyways i gave her a gallon of plain water two waterings ago and she seemed to like it, no drastic changes or anything but then the last time i watered i upped the tiger bloom up to 2 tsp's which is the most ive given her and she seemed to loveeeee it :D I also took a few more clones, trying a few things different so we shall see if this goes through. I have made a stealth micro box that im hoping to lay a scrog down in. Its only 14 inches tall but i could spread it out a good bunch and then id basically flower right off the bat. Im pretty excited to get this started, ill probably make it its own thread so keep an eye out ;)

So heres a few pics, i know the quality is pretty horrible but i tried to adjust them as much as possible because the lighting wasnt good where i took them. also i will start taking them with a real camera here shortly haha

And thanks grapestreet :) i would much rather prefer to get some more legit colorado tasty beer but theyve got a 20 pack of budweiser for 14 bucks and im pretty broke so id say its a good deal haha:D

let me know what you think :D

O and did anyone happen to catch the nuggets v lakers game??? We took em out at the knees :hello:

Attached Files:

5. Hah, I don't actually have a TV so I didn't see the game. Though funny story, I worked down south where Carmello lived, and he used to come by the store I worked at for food. ("The Mello" = Mustard + Meat + American Cheese on White bread...not exactly a culinary connoisseur)

Finally one day he came in, I was low and my hook was dry, so I asked him to hook it up.

Didn't work, no go. But he thought it was funny. And alas, I ran out that weekend.

So my only claim to fame is that I asked Carmello Anthony for a sack.

--
    I wouldn't recommend cloning once you've entered flowering. While you can switch the plant back into veg, you'll see a long period of mutant leaves as the plant tries to figure out if it's summer or fall.

It's doable, just takes longer before they start looking like healthy girls and start to grow normally.

--
    My NYCD's about a week or two ahead of yours if you want to take a look.

6. And you were talking about a Lay-Down scrog.

This is not as popular a method everywhere, but if you continue to stake your stems to where they touch (or are partially burried by) the soil at a node. Wonderful thing happens, new roots! You can take a 20' sativa and grow her 20'long (or better yet, in a golden ratio, radially expanding from the center) by 1-2' tall. The extra roots on each expanded branch can yield much larger buds in the end and all the internodes grow to become healthy secondary branches, each with their own tertiary branches/bud sites, and keeps your plants from outgrowing even a short fence or wall.

When I started, it was my idea to keep well within the limits of the law by growing a monster mother, surrounding her with fresh pots, bending them down to root there, and only detaching them when I wanted to put them into flower. In theory I could have a continuous vegging station with only 1 plant per strain (according to legal specifications). Imagine an entire grow room on 1 root system, 1 plant!

This idea's been on the back burner, but I still think it's viable.

7. Damn thats alot more fame then ive got haha. Ive actually been working on this carmello portrait in Adobe Illustrator, probably like 80 hours of work spread out since xmas, its turning out sick though, ill definately put a link up for everyone to see :D

And I wasnt talking about a lay down scrog, never even heard of it actually, pretty intrigued though i must say :D Ill have to look more into that for sure, do you happen to have wny good literature on that method by chance :confused: haha

So anyways here's some good quality pics, they make me all warm inside haha :smoking:

26 days flowering...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Not sure there is lit. on the method. I was told about it by a friend who's friend 'back home' grew that way to avoid detection. Though it'd work for a crawlspace or attic or stealth box maybe.

Funny, Weed grows kinda like Mint and Basil...not exactly, but they can all be propogated by burying a node and keeping it moist. Mint does this out of habit. You could also use rockwool and some plastic bags to germinate roots mid-air on the stems. Air rooting is a good way to ensure the clone survives, but with something as voracious as weed, it's not needed.

As far as some things like tomatos go, you can actually bury the plant (most of it anyway) and the stem will shoot roots out every direction. I've definately seen similar patterns on weed stems with rooting gel on them. As long as they get enough moisture, they'll root. So you could potentially grow one huge plant, then douse it with root hormone and bury it up to its tips and get like a 1 plant SCROG to SOG. Each plant tip would become a new plant connected to the main tap root way under ground.

Ahhh....not really but....gotta try it once. At least once.

Man I'm stoned.

9. How's she smelling? ;)

She's lookin' good.

10. Interestinggg. So if i were to bury a node would i have to shave some of the stem off to get the rooting hormone in there or would it just work without doing that??

And She's definately starting to smell, nothing rediculous though. But i did just pick up some FF Big Bloom so hopefully that starts to make things even more pretty haha :p

11. Big bloom's good, use generously as it's a weaker fertilizer (.2 .8 .6, or something like that) and organic, lowering your chances of burns. A local gardener (she's got pro product) swears by a 3rd week phosphorous overload. Also, I started adding 1/2 cup brown sugar to feed the beast as well. Can't say empirically, but they seem to like it.

Scratching the node and gel-ing it will help, definitely. Will speed it up and increase chances of success. But technically, all you have to do is keep the node wet and it will want to root.

My mint...I just bend the stems down and put a rock on top. In a couple days there's roots forming near and under the rock at each node that was touching soil. Some even began to root in the air, just because of the increased humidity. But mint's more of a weed than weed is. I'd scratch-n-gel to be safe.

12. Well seeing as how i have past the third week i dont think i can overload the phosphorus but what does the brown sugar do exactly and how is it added to the plant(how much/gallon)??

And would you happen to have any pictures of your little mint experiment, ive got a good ideaof what it looks like but pictures are always better :D

Thanks a bunch grape!!

13. So heres another pic update for you all, not to much has changed. I gave her her first full on nute today(2 tbsp of Big Bloom and 2 tsp of tigerbloom) Im anxious to see how she takes it :hello: Anyways, im startin to see tricomes on her and the smell is starting to pick up, nothing to bad though :)

Let me know what you guys think :smoke:

30 days flowering.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Looks good, L2!! :smoke:

15. #55 GrapeStreet, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    [​IMG]

Found this while reading.

16. thanks a bunch grape, if things work out right ill definately give this a try ;)

Did you or anyone happen to catch the Avalanche game??? holyyyy shitttt, we should have won but damn that was a good game.

17. #57 Live2last, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2010
    So overall, things are goin pretty good if my assumptions have been right. The buds are looking excellent and the tricomes are starting to turn a little more amber :hello:

33 days flowering...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I do have a few questions though...
    The first one is that there seem to be alot of the lower leaves are just dying off and their color isnt as dark as the top stuff, im hoping its just cuz of the light not getting all the way down there...is it? And on a few leaves there is a little browing which i checked out and it seemed to be a phosphorous defficiency? Does that sound right? Heres a picture of some of the miscolored ones...

[​IMG]

Secondly, i was wondering when i could start adding some molasses or brown sugar to the mix??

Thanks for the help guys :wave:

O AND.....HAPPY 420!!!:bongin::smoke::smoking::hippie::bongin::ey::smoke::hello::hello::hello::wave:

18. I started with molasses after 6 weeks, but I've heard of people adding it constantly during flowering.

The extra carbs help the plant grow faster without having to produce certain sugars. But using it during flush weeks I think is fine, just to add the sweet taste.

I don't know for sure, but it's definitely been in my my for a couple weeks now.

Lookin good man, You, me an smerph gotta have a harvest party in may!

I'm headed to NoCal for a week, learning some extract methods from the masters (i'll share my secrets when I return). Good luck dude!

19. Alright well im almost to 6 weeks so im thinkin next watering will be with molasses :hello:
    Have fun in cali grape, live it up for the rest of us haha:D

should i just clear out all of the little buds on the stems of the big buds that dont seem to be getting any light??

Anyways here are a couple pictures,
    40 days flowering....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you all think :wave:

20. Yo man, getting oh so close dude. :D

Well honestly I wouldn't do any more trimming at this point. You are too far along and any trimming now stunts flower production. So live and learn, or is it Live2Last and learn. :laughing:

Next go round definitely trim off all that lower shit. It doesn't get enough light and also removing it will force more oxins into the tip of the flowers for bigger buds. Trust me dude, the more you trim early, the better off you are in the end. ;) Check my grow and I have a nice trimming lesson somewhere in there. :smoking:

Also, I like to feed them molasses from weeks 2-6 of flowering. Then the last two weeks I give them nothing but PH'd water to flush out any built up nutes and salts. Honestly I say give them a shot of molasses (1 tbsp per gal), then flush those babies because it's close to harvest time. :hello: