First Grow, CFL Stealthbox, Mango Mango Haze

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MadCityDank, Dec 18, 2010.

1. #1 MadCityDank, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
    This thread is meant to be a BIG THANK YOU! to the GC community. Seriously, I could not have done any of this without you.

So I wanted to create a journal to keep myself accountable, but ended up not out of fear of failure :( BUT the time has come to show what a college kid from the burbs can do with an internet connection and a part-time job (not that I'm the first haha). I decided to grow mainly because I thought it would be a lot of fun (it is!) and to save money. $50-$60 for 1/8th ounce of a plant is ridiculous. I have zero desire to sell any of my homegrown bud, fyi. This isn't about gettin that paper.

Attempt 1 :eek::
    IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1172.jpg

Yeah. Not very stealth, constrained, hot...tried germing some bagseed in rockwool, didn't work out. Ended up trading the hydrobox to my friend for an 8th ha. He's making good use of it, though :p

Attempt 2 (sorry, these were mainly taken with my phone. Also, I deleted the pictures that I took during the construction of the box...)
    photo-7.JPG
    IMG_1193.jpg
    photo-4.JPG
    photo-6.JPG

Started with 3, 1 turned out male, 1 is TBD, 1 is blossoming beautifully....

Gutted a dresser, inserted some mylar, some sealant along the edges, 120mm PC fan for exhaust. Its far from perfect, but temps stay right where they should and I have one solid female. I wish I had done SOG or flowered earlier; I'm running out of room! And 2 gallon pots require a lot of watering when you've vegged for 2 months. I had three plants in there for a while. I moved the runtier one (in a one gallon milk jug) onto my desktop for a while and had my floor lamp on it. When I found out one of my better plants was male, I put the runt in the just vacated 2 gallon pot and back into the box. It has yet to show sex...so we'll see what comes of that. The yellowing that you see in some of the pictures I chalk up to pH problems (pH was too high). i lost my meter for the first 2.5 months of the grow :rolleyes: but things seem to be getting back on track. For water, I have city water that goes through a Brita pitcher and sits for 24 hours before being mixed with nutes/pH adjusters. Did LST and FIMming methods. 4 x 55 watt 5000k CFL during veg, 4 x 55 watt 2700k during flower.

Using a 5 gallon ONA bucket filter for smell. Works beautifully.

Seeds were from Hemp Depot. Mango Mango-Haze.

Thanks for looking, and again, for all the help! :D

photo-3.JPG
    18 days into flowering, 74 days total.

P.S.: the pictures were oriented correctly on my computer, not sure what happened when I uploaded them...
    Edit: the PC fan you see in the picture is not the exhaust fan; that one is on the top (not pictured).

2. Looks pretty good bro! I like the dresser cabinet. Keep us posted.

3. #3 MadCityDank, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
    Had to move her to the closet; the box ran out of room! Was gone for a while, temps dropped massively, but she looks OK. She's warming up nicely, and thought I'd take a few pics. Got a new camera...

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Edit: the TBD plant (the runt on the side of these pics) is a female! Very unexpected, and behind schedule, but beggars can't be choosers. Will need to start showing her a lil more lovin....

4. So bad at remembering I made this thread...anyway, some shots....two weeks left? Really not sure...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]