First Grow - CFL closet setup

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by growmeinc, Feb 21, 2009.

1. I've experienced that prob - it's called "something-or-other claw". The probs are rooted in ph! I would recommned running out to an aquarium store and buying a liquid ph kit - one with ph up and ph down - should cost you about $10. I would then do a major flush with ph adjusted water - making sure not to do it until the soil is dry enuff for watering.

Then, always ph adjust your nutes. I'd also recommend using 1/4 - 1/2 strength nutes until she recovers.

Lastly, this is a good sick plant guide: The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

2. thanks phatom for the advice i really appriciate it. Its weird...i see all this shit happening to my plant but am basically clueless. I have a general idea what to do but i feel like i just keep messing it up more. Im going to check on it today (havent seen it for four days) ill have some picture updates tonight.

I am going to install a carbon filter, i am about 3 weeks into flowering and still almost no odor (which is very very good because that is a huge issue since i am not with the plant for days at a time)

I am going to get some dolomite lime to try and stablize the PH i have heard that it works well. I will also try to go to an aquarium store soon but i just started my summer job and have not found time.

Last time i was with it i flushed it good so im hoping that the new growth will not be as brown as before.

Thanks again, and check back soon! i need advice badly! first time grow is harder than expected!

3. hey guys so i checked on it...and its not looking very good at all judging by the pictures.

I did go to home depot and picked up an atrium grate and have a DIY carbon filter. There was no smell anyways but just incase its nice to known that it will help.

I also got some dolomite lime, the kind that raises the PH. I believe i have def been a culprit of over nuting... i just thought more was better! Anyways i think over nuting lowered the PH a lot, and this stuff says it gets the PH back up around 6.5. Hopefully it will help because my plant is dying and loosing a ton of leaves.

Its weird though because it has lost leaves but still continues to sprout new bud sites and hairs along with it as u can tell from some of the pix. Im not exactly sure what will happen in my last 3 weeks of flowering but hopefully this was a step in the right direction to getting my PH back to normal for once.

4. picture updates...comments would be helpful.

But just as a reminder i know they are fucked up, i added the dolomite lime to hopefully raise the PH to an acceptable level. Will keep everyone updated on this very very interesting grow. Interesting because iv been through almost every problem so i will come out of this hopefully with a little bud and a lot of experience to build off. Thanks again!

Attached Files:

5. ok I'm thinkin it's just the nute burns... once you get the ph right all should be good.

Happy Growin
    The Phantom