First Grow - CFL closet setup

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by growmeinc, Feb 21, 2009.

1. I use a regular fan I had around the house, not oscillating. Stem got nice and thick and temp is under control.

2. thanks for the tips, keep them coming!

I am concerned that the tips of all the new leaves that are popping up have faint yellow in them and seem to be increasingly become yellow as the days go by, do you think that these nutrients will help this? I was reading somewhere on the forms that the yellow tips mean its a deficiency in something

3. good looking setup, excited to see if it lives through it:hello:

4. big mistake many people make is usin ferts too quick too solve plant sickness
    the problem could be with the ph level check that first.
    ph level should be at 6.3 - 6.8

is your soil soggy? or have a wet smell to it?

does ur girl seem to be growing slower?

it can be many things, a ph soil test kit and ph control kit would definitely help and is most definitely worth it if you aint got a ph meter

time to pack a bowl:smoking: cheers

smoke fresh
    B.fr3sh

5. Tuning in. Good luck man.

6. So im going away for five days...and i really hope my plant can survive, how much water do you think would be appropriate for that amount of time gone?

Also i went and got 2 more daylight 23watt bulbs total of 4 now, im keeping the white light ones off just as a precaution while im gone...and i finally was able to get it out of the solo cup and into a good size pot so now it should have plenty of room for growth. I also got some miracle grow organic potting soil, hopefully now the plant will not get nut burn!

Im nervous leaving it for so long

7. Glad you got them out of the cups and out of regular MG soil....

What size pots are they in? When are you leaving and when did you last water?

8. i last watered them on friday and its wednesday probably wont be till thursday or friday before i can water them...i hope my baby is ok, i have a feeling my other "start up" plants will all be dead but i can live with that

9. #49 growmeinc, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    so i finally checked up on my plants after 6 days and was very very pleasantly surprised with its growth! All the leaves are green now, it is not getting brown nut burn or what ever was causing the problem

Here are a few pics....just a reminder that the plant sprouted way back on feb 21st so its been about 4 weeks.

Should it be taller by now? any tips?

Attached Files:

10. As soon as you can get that in a bigger pot the better. Also put in better soil. Fox Farm is perfect. Trust me, your plant will get way bigger ONLY when you do that:devious: :)

11. you think i need a bigger pot for that already? i just put it in that one 5 days ago i think it still has room to grow, ill check up again on it sunday so well see how it is then, as for the fox farm, i wanted to get it but couldnt find it near me is it really that necessary?

12. You don't want to have to transplant that many times so I usually do it once, sometimes twice. After a month it should have progressed a bit more. I would put it in a bigger pot with better soil. Then you don't have to worry about stunting and nute burn along the way. Just my recommendation for better smoke and an easier time with it. Good vibes your way~:D

13. you think i need a bigger pot for that already? i just put it in that one 5 days ago i think it still has room to grow, ill check up again on it sunday so well see how it is then, as for the fox farm, i wanted to get it but couldnt find it near me is it really that necessary?

14. You need nutrients. It looks like your bottom leaves are turning yellow. that is a sign that they are low on nutrients, nitrogen in particular. Your pot size is OK for now.

15. what nutrients would ya'll recommend?

16. I have been using miracle grow products for some time and the are great. Always notice a difference. Give them a healthy dose to start, but keep an eye on them and do not give them nute burn.

17. really you just use regular miracle grow? from all the talk about fox farm and organic stuff i feel like thats what most people use....

anyone else use miracle grow fertilizer and have success?

18. update: march 25th

Started growing feb 21st, so its been a little over a month

Here are some pics, i am a little concerned about the drooping leaves and yellowish ones at the bottom. I think i may be going to the hydro store tomorrow i want to get nutes (i hear for veg u want one high in nitrogen) any suggestions? And i want to get a PH testing kit

Attached Files:

19. anyone? advice?

20. my advise would be NOT to use miracle grow products unless they are the organic bone emal and blood meal nutes....
    Dont use the blue granulated shit...that it poison man.

check out the nutes I use in my journal...I list pictures and reasons and times to use them in detail.

make sure that your not over watering....those little plants only need about 200 ml a few times a week at most...let your soil dry up good in between waterings.