*first grow CFL cardboard stealth box (topped, LST)*

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by katads, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Great grow man!
    Very helpful,informative. Ill be attempting my first lil project soon n ill be using cfls too.
    If u dnt mind my askin,about what was ur startup costs? Ill prob go with fewer lights,but get the bigger cfls though.

Again,awesome job!

2. what up everybody! so lucy has been curing for about a week. i open the jars once a day for burping, im a bit worried that she wasnt dry enough when i put her in jars? the buds arent smelling like she was before i chopped her, they smell pretty grassy, but i read that the smell should return after theyre fully cured? also theres no mold. the stems snap so i know its pretty dry but the "true" smell of the strain onlys comes out when the buds are broken apart. smoke is not very harsh, nice upper high that "creeps" doesnt really hit you right away :smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

quarter of popcorn
    [​IMG]

3. mmmm, you just made my night, thank you sweet sweet sensi

4. Man, those buds look pretty tasty.
    Lovely, frosty resin coating.

Perfectly normal for the smell to only be strong when you rub or break up the buds.
    (I'll bet it smells good when you do.)

Well done, especially in a cardboard box with CFLs.
    Who's laughing now - not the ones who said a cardboard box was no good.

5. thanks bro! haha yea, super sharp smell to it. it was super dank smelling during the end of flowering, even with the ONA pro in the box. is it normal for the odor to be super mild when i open the jar? it doesnt smell anything like the buds onces its broken. haha probably just overreacting, pretty baked right now.

6. Mine always has very little smell unless it's agitated.
    All that matters is what it smells like when you break it up. And, of course, how well it works.

7. That's pretty spectacular, boss - congrats on a primo grow! I'm mindswoggled that this was done in a cardboard box 0.o I'd be so freaked out about electrical mishaps!

But anyway, +rep dude. I'll hopefully be starting my own CFL stealth grow within a month, I'll be sure to refer back here often for tips: you laid your journal out well!

Just curious, did you try the FIM technique at all?

8. nah never FIM this grow just straight LST haha good luck bro!

9. Great grow man, I appreciate all the pictures it was fun to go through the grow with you. Congrats on your yield. Do you know the final weight?