*first grow CFL cardboard stealth box (topped, LST)*

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by katads, Mar 2, 2011.

1. me too - great grow mate

2. UPDATE 4/26/11 Day 83, Day 53 of flowering

So im thinking shes almost done, her trichs are about 5-10% amber and theres still alot of clear and some cloudy. I fed her nutes last tuesday and watered her with regular ph'd water on Sunday, she was very wilted before the watering since it had been about 5 days since i fed her but sprung right back up after the watering, yesterday when the lights turned on i noticed alot of her leaves are yellowing, is this bad? is it time to cut her off from nutes and give her the final flush and just water with regular ph'd water? or should i feed her one last time and the next watering after that flush? i was shooting to flip the switch for about 3 days on the 5th of may and chopping on the 8th? i move out on the 15th, will this give me enough time to dry? i figure 3 days hang 3 days paper bag? thanks for all the positive and helpful feedback GC you guys are the shit! :hello: but anyway heres the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Damn, i wish i understood how to achieve a plant like this.

4. O_O wow.. this is absolutely beautiful. nice grow, can wait to se the buds all prepped n ready to crush n roll :)

5. wow, that looks delicious, cant wait to see some final product and yield.:smoke::smoke:

6. its really not that hard bro, just remember to top after the 3rd set and do ALOT of LST, i used to tie her down almost every night and she just bushed the fuck out haha

7. I dunno man, i just topped my first plant but haven't started any lst. Im worried about fucking up my first grow trying to tie it up lol

8. Woo double post. That looks badass, lemme know how it smokes

9. just wait till shes big enough to be tied down and do it as needed you'll be glad you did :cool:

10. i know i just updated but i couldnt help myself haha i just flushed her late last night or early this morning around 3, gave her 7 gallons of plain water. also trimmed off most of her fan leaves, wayyyy more stoney looking now that you can see all the buds :D haha

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

AFTER
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. your plants look awesome man! i've been lurking this section of GC for over a year reading about all this, finally got a 400w hps light on its way and a long ass shopping list, waiting for payday then im setting up a closet grow :D

12. good shit bro! wish i had money to splurge on an hps, maybe for next time, Im lovin the outcome from just these CFLs though! good luck man dont forget to make a journal too!

13. as you can see, you dont need a big shopping list to get some tasty bud...

14. damn i thought so.. i said plants earlier like that other guy its just one plant crazy haha :bongin:

15. its looking really nice so far, very clean and nice work in my opinion

16. just read this whole thread... great job man.. i love the detail in everything... I can tell you did your research :)

Can i get some specs on the box, or did I maybe miss that

So what size fans, how many...
    Size of box...
    How much power?
    Is heat an issue... whats the ambient temp of the room?
    Is it pretty smelly outside?

anyway sorry for all the questions great grow :)

17. Ya i got a 400 for veg room and 1000 for flowering but i think im going to take the 400 down and replace it with cfls or a couple of T5s. the hps take so much power and produces lots of heat compared to a cfl or t5s. nice job on your beautiful girl!:smoke:

18. Looking good katads. Almost there. Keep up the good work.

19. temps are definately an issue, it gets to about 109 if i keep the box closed, but if i keep the door open, its about 80-86 degrees, keep in mind i run an AC all day but after running it 24/7 from september, its pretty much dying haha a well running AC would probably help out the load lol i put an ONA gel pro in the box and i can slightly smell the crip but it takes away about 90% of the smell haha the box is pretty much about 14"x18"x 30" didnt really measure i just used the box that the portable AC came in haha home this helps bro! :cool:

20. jesus christ your gonna have a FAT yield if you do everything correctly, my friends dad who is an experienced grower told me that instead of an HPS for vegging, CFLs are just as good, just remember to keep um close to the plant and use 6500k good luck cant wait to see it all go down :smoke: