*first grow CFL cardboard stealth box (topped, LST)*

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by katads, Mar 2, 2011.

1. fucking mother nature <3

2. thanks for the feedback everyone! cant wait to see her bud either :D

3. Day 44 (day 14 of flowering)

buds are comin in :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. looks great man!

whats your total light setup you're running right now?

I'm beginning to think an extra week in veg could've really beefed my lady up..

5. Nice lookin bush bro, I have two plants that are almost identical in growth and date, also did LST and topped one of them, gotta love seeing em grow into BUSHES.

6. Holy shit, that bitch is a fucking bush. Great LST work man, you must teach me!

7. Yeah it looks great but personally I would have trimmed back the fully mature leaves by now and let some more light deeper into the plant to encourage more growth from the nodes seems like fully mature leaves do more harm than good that's just me tho
    Good luck with the crop looks good so far

8. Looking really good, how many lights do you have total, and how did you set it up?

9. looking goood mate, keep it up! subbed :smoking:

10. I thought fan leaves store nutrients for the plant? and as long as their green their doing better that it would without them? not too sure though like i said everything I learn is pretty much off of this forum, did a bunch of research on trimming and its pretty controversial huh haha:confused:

11. Im running 7 23w 2700k CFLs and 2 26w 6500k CFL bulbs so i guess a total of 213 real watts,

haha i like where my babys at right now, Iactually had to move the main outlet that all the outlets from the fixture connects to resting on the top of the inside of the box to the actual top of the box so i could raise my fixture a couple more inches haha my girls getting really wide, I turned her in the box and the fan decided to turn into a weedwhacker for a second and the tip of some leaves got bitched :eek:

12. They do store nutes for Ur plants when they are growing but once the fans reach full size their ability to photosynthesize goes wayy down, it might seem like u r working backward by trimming them but it is so very worth it, leaves that are still growing soak up more light and metabolize faster, plus it will encourage ur plant to branch and u will end up with more buds
    Good Luck!!

13. So say a fan leave closer to the bottom has grown to full size, and is potentially blocking light from newer growth... Would it be okay to trim the majority of the leaf?
    I sorta have this situation

14. Very very a-ok it will let light into the lower parts of the plant and its being trimmed will kick in some healing hormones that will make it increase energy put into new growth

15. +rep really good to know! Im gonna do some trimming tommorow after my transplant

16. I would do one then the other, rest between. Transplanting is stressful on ur plants even if u r suuper careful with the roots, trimming is also stressful I would give it 3-5 days after transplanting before clipping, or vice versa, but if it's a must situation u can do both at the same time it just takes a little longer for it to bounce back and start growin again, they are extremely resilient plants after all

17. Thanks for all the tips! super helpful, I trimmed the huge leaves on the bottom, they didnt look very healthy, they were kinda curled and dried out, neither was it a healthy looking green. I clipped them out and shes looking better, she was kinda wilted because its been 4 days since her last watering, post pics soon.

18. I remove fan leaves off my LST/topped plants almost daily.... If theyre blocking budsites they get plucked.

19. how much do you expect to harvest?

20. some beautiful plants aloha my braddah and good luck on ur nxt grows