~~first grow CFL BUILD~~(NEW PICS)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wdissident, Aug 13, 2010.

1. i guess its hard to get cfl light to a plant that has been toped and lst'd so early :( lol

2. yep...you can veg hell outta em with cfls...but then the hammer...hps for penetration....or side light the hell outta em anyway..but i just lets the stuff die and redirect the plants enegry to the kolas:smoking:post some pics...have you added cal/mag suppliment...when did they get their last taste of nit....last flush???

3. the lower leaves yellowing off then falling off is fine in flower.

like deac said...i would pinch off lower budsites to keep the plant focused on the top colas. i use LED for flower and dont get the penetration i would like so thats what i do.

a lot of your "name brand" nutrient products are designed specifically for MJ. so buying a product thats made for your plants may prove to be a wise choice even if its more expensive. just a thought

4. ill put some pics up when there not sleeping
    iv been using fox farms grow big with molasses every other water. i flushed them when i nute burned them about a week ago

5. wdissident,

I'm a CFL guy. Let me tell you. You've done things very well so far but you've reached the critical stage where every bit of light is important. Vegging is easy, flowering is hard with CFLs. It sounds like you have an adequate amount of light, what you need to do is enclose the grow space with reflective material. Believe me, it will make a big difference.

If you're looking for a cheap solution you should go to a Pep Boys or any auto store or Wallmart etc. and buy a couple of those sunlight reflectors that you put in a car windshield. They are inexpensive-- something like $7. And then you need to surround your plant with it. Enclose the space tightly with reflective material, put some air on the plants and then get your cfls as close to the plant as possible without burning it.

If you follow these basic guidelines you should be able to brick that plant up. If you don't, then you will have smaller, airier buds.

It looks like you have an indica so you can really grow some dense buds if you pay close attention to details. I've done it a number of times before.

Good luck.

6. i have whit walls/mylar.. and thanks for the compliment. this will probably be my last grow for a while considering i work and have have all the time for these girls

7. #67 wdissident, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010
    ak-47

[​IMG]

master kush

[​IMG]

started 12/12 about a week ago

8. nirvanamania.....good genetics.....my scrog was ak47...sweet and forgivin'...got master kush around here somewhere...plants look good:smoke:

9. my GC mentor lol. :hello:

10. hey bro...too kind...we're just a group of semi noobs who started about the same time tyrin' ta do it right...ya know...the like minds thing...we all want sucess for eachother and dont begrudge someone a great grow....imagin what we'll be doin' in 5 years....i hope not hard time:eek:.lol..but you know i always post dont do it like i do.....just love ta help and see my grobro's rake some dankola:hello:bong rip in your honor:bongin:

11. They are looking nice! Hope there both girls;) didn't you say you topped yours? Think you'll have more weight from topping?

12. there clones iv never grown but everyone says ill have a better yield. so who knows.

13. clones are the way to go...root faster...branch more..used ta nutes...ya know their sex...skip a good months time growin' seedlings..find a plant ya love...and make it a mama:smoke:

14. will they start flowering during there sleep or during the light cycles?

15. my electricity bill went up to tiere 3.. i thought i could keep it at tiere 2. guess cfls and fans take a lil more power than i thought. raised the bill 30$ on my veg cycle :confused_2:

it went from .09 kilwats to .18 from tiere 2 to tiere 3. what a rip off its the same as tiere 5.. i could be running a entire grow op and be payin the say per kilo wat as me. what a joke. i wont lose sleep though

16. What is tiere's for a power bills.You get charged more per kw if you use at a higher rate? That's sure diff than mine.:confused:

17. tiere 1 is .09 tiere 2 is .12 tiere 3-5 is .18

18. WOW! teirs... I guess I am really fortunate where I live in WA state surrounded by hydroelectric dams. I pay 3.4 cents a kwh and their are no teirs

19. hey dissident i only have one sour diesel going with two 26 watt 2700k cfls... bitch is beautiful so far.. i was planning on only adding one of those 65watt 6500k come flower time. they look good.. esp for having 3 times as many cfls than i do.. simple math will tell me that for one plant i should be okay with the amount of bulbs i have (compared to yours)but im still worried.. similar setup in my closet.. ill have pics later tonight on another thread

20. its actually not how many watts you put on a plant but how many lumens you put into an area. the main idea is trapping luemns in the smallest place possible, you can def flower with 1 68/300 watt cfl but your yield will be horrible. you will get something close to an eight. i would do this. buy about 3 or 4 from home depot. use them for flowering and when your plants are done simply return the bulbs to home depot with out a receipt and spend youre money elsewise... not the most honest thing to do but hey.. thats america for you