~~first grow CFL BUILD~~(NEW PICS)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wdissident, Aug 13, 2010.

1. so i have a 2x 5 ft space.i can expand th2 2 ft if i want. so anyways my grow is in my closet i have built a box with carboard wrapped in mylar do you think that to much light is escaping or that the area is to big for those 2 small plants? and also when i will be flowering i might leave my closet door cracked do you think to much light will get in, much help appreciated

also i can patch the space you see that i covered with mylar and i will be getting a computer fan to cool the area in the next week so i might cover up the space and cut a hole for the fan. ANY IDES? thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I want to see what's in "Chris's cub scout stuff" box :smoke:

3. thats too fuckin' funny:eek::D:eek:...looks a little like my first inside.......another small fan mounted inside sucking air in ...the lower the better...cooler air is always close to the floor......point fan in cab up a little so it helps move light heat up and away from plants.....might need another small fan for upper exhause...mounted on outside sucking hot air out...opposite side from intake fan...like a river of cooling air...cant tell how far lights are from plants ..but i think you need closer:smoke:

4. there about 3 inches away.i want tomove them closer but i still wake up every morning with more heat stress spots... i removed a light so idk. iv heard to let them sit in the dark for 24 hours if there stressed but ihavnt done that

5. are you sure you're burning them with the lights and its not nute burn? I'd just load up as many fans as I can in there to maximize circulation

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is heat stress correct

7. would paste a picture in sick plant forum...those guys are way better than i on plant problems.....could be heat or nutes to me....read the sticky about posting sick plants..tell you exactly what info to include...if the new growth looks good and its not spreading i would say your ok ...but i'd check wuith the experts:smoke: sorry..above my pay grade

8. could miracle grow pottiong soil really cause nut burn?iv been flushing the plants when i water. coould that cause the time realase ferts to pop early

9. it probably is that, I'd get some sterile soil with none of that ASAP foxfarm has great soil from what I hear.

10. #30 wdissident, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
    update. i changed from the miracle grow to just regular mulch. we'll see how that works. my master kush dropped on its face from a fall.. guess thats what i get for letting my girlfriend transplant them.. anyways the ak-47s oding well. also decided to lst my kaster

MASTER KU - she will bounce back in a couple days in sure. the fall didnt hurt it that bad

[​IMG]

AK- im going to supercrop her to let the master catch up

[​IMG]

11. back on track. 1 month in. after i almost killed them by using mulch.. the ph was all out of wachk. there doing good now
    ak-47 lsting and topped
    [​IMG]
    master kush lsting and toped(dropped her so her growth got stunted)
    [​IMG]

12. plants are lookin good.....glad ya got a handle on it:smoking:

13. the growth got stunted for like a weeks worth.. there so small im thinking of letting them veg for awhile

14. #34 wdissident, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
    picked up a portabe a/c for 100$.. pics

i have spent more on the a/c then i have my entire grow... lol but i figured it can be used for more then just growing.. its a heater/cooler after all. and i guess its exhausting some of the smell into the walls. not sure of thats going to be a problem for flowering

Attached Files:

15. knew the was a reason i liked you....you work your gro ...broo...sweet deal...ac looks awsome...let me know how that works...where ya ventin' too????...i find a fan blowing up thru plant canopy onto lights carring heat up and away from plants drooped my temp 3 degree...that can be hugh...move fans around till you find your grows sweet spotswould definetly veg longer...build that base for tons of buds..im runnnin' ak and the buds are gettin so fat in my scrog:wave:next we get you usin' coco..then...look out...peace and keep up the killa grow...it will pay off in dank..peace deacon:smoke:

16. #36 wdissident, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
    its venting into my walls/ now i put my thermometer on the wall and i came back from waking up and the tmep was 120 and humidity 30... with the door closed... the temp isnt accurate because it was on the wall. do you think i would innsulate heat more if i wrappedmy while walls in mylar? thanks.. im trying to run the ac with my closet closed.. when ym plants get bigger will the humidity increase? i hope so or i will have to leave the door cracked

Attached Files:

17. #37 wdissident, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
    NEED ADVICE...GHETOO

ok si bought a aluminum hose at home depot. it gets very coldd. but besudes that i need abetter way to connect the hose to the a/c i ghetto tapped some paper on. im not trying to beat up the a/c or decrease the value. any ideas?.. the hose goes directly into the grow room

it worked perfectly. it lowered the temperature by 14 degrees so im very pleased. but i willonly be using this during flowering because i dont want my electric bill to be insane. this will be running n a 12/12 just like the lights for about a month and ah half earlierst that is what im hoping for atleast. i have spray painted the 90 degrees elboes blackinside for light purposes also.

Attached Files:

18. GREAT idea imo.. I'm about to do the same thing, but I wont have to run a tube because the AC system is in the same room :) I just cant get the temp below 90 and theres a fan on high 24/7.. AC exposure may be my only option as well.. but do you know if direct flow of cold air / freon will harm the plants? GL ill be keeping up!

19. imight have to change it. ive been talking to some people about runnign th eexhaust in the walls. and the walls od get hot. idotn knwo if i have fiberglass insulation or not. it could possibly be a fire hazard

20. these guys are growing crazy fast. im going to have to rush my setup and start flowering soon. im kinda running outa of horizontal space.. lol shouldnt have toped ald lsd'd so early but for my firsrt grow there growing awesome

Attached Files: