First Grow: Browning and dying fan leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MajorZiggyGreen, May 29, 2009.

1. Ok, So this is my first grow. So far I've dealt with little issues here and there but nothing as bad as this. The plants are in their 4th week of flowering and on a 12/12 light cycle.

The fan leaves of my Master Kush and Unknown (which I'll call Ziggy) have been turning brown and drying up, starting from the tips and then spreading to the whole leaf. Master's are way worse than Ziggy's. Some have fallen off, and I'm tempted to snip the ones that are just terrible looking.

At first I thought it was an over fert issue, but I've laid off the fert since noticing the problem and have seen no change. I also suspected deficiencies, but thus far I have yet to see images or read descriptions that match my problem.

The grow conditions are as follows:
    3 plants in 3 gallon pots; 4' to 4 1/2' tall
    150 watt hps
    3' x 2' growing space (closet; standard ceilings)
    fertilized during vegetative growth regularly, but have since backed off the stuff
    watered approximately once every 2 days (or when soil seems dry 1/4 inch below surface)
    small fan for circulation (about 7in diameter)
    Temp ranges between 78 degrees F and 85
    closet door is left open during most hours of the day for circulation purposes

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG?!?!?!

Attached Files: