First grow box in the making...

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by THCandroid, May 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is an old dresser we had in our storage room off our porch. We had a couple but this one has wheels on the bottom. We gutted out the entire dresser except for the wooden beams on the front where the drawers would go in. We then made the bottom and nailed it to three support beams we secured underneath. Then we put another board on the front and screwed it in, the from the back we screwed the faces of the drawer back on so it looks hella legit from the front (these are photos from behind, ill post up front tomorrow). Then I used a foaming gun with 'Pur Black' for large volume, and filling voids and coated the inside and sealed all cracks and spots that i could see light, I have the backing already cut along with the two sides which i will place and screw in later tonight and will have more photos of. I plan on covering the backside of the walls i put on and screw them in tightly. I also have some 'Pur White' foam I intend to use for sealing in the walls with a smaller bead. Then a plywood door will be secured to the back of the dresser on hinges and we can roll it in and out of place.
    I will be posting more pictures of the actual room it will be in, front shots, and more as i progress. I will be cutting an a hole at the bottom for intake and then again higher up on the side for the outtake with a DIY active carbon filter. Just posting this to see if anyone has any tips or tricks they would like to share with me, they are always appreciated thanks!

2. on my box i made a framed CFL fixture...
    2x : 1 1/2" Foot Long PVC
    4x : 90 degree elbows
    1x : "T"
    3x : little pieced to fit inside elbows, T, etc. to connect.

wire through the PVC

then i used little L shelf brackets so i could adjust the height of the lights..

heres a pic:

[​IMG]

3. nice man, cant wait to see how u do this dresser, especially the door in the back cuz its exactly what i plan on doing.

4. looks a little small inside ...