First grow blackdog 600 watt LED bluedream.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by phatbud, Aug 24, 2016.

1. #1 phatbud, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Hello all, i just signed back into my account after creating years ago and never signing back in. So i just moved to CO and am excited to say i will be starting my first grow and going for the 1 lb first yield, maybe a little too excited because as of right now i have nothing much to say other than i just ordered a blackdog phytomax 600 and a pack of bananadog seeds by dankonomics genetics, i also plan on buying some bluedream clones on Craigslist. I plan on growing in a 4x4 tent and running a inline fan with a big enough carbon scrubber to completely eliminate all smell. Im also not sure what growing medium to go with and what kind of nutes to use. This is my first grow and would really like to yeild min of one lb so i am open to many suggestions. I will be posting alot of updates as time moves on.

Just a quick overveiw of this grow

4x4 gorilla light grow tent
    Blackdog phytomax 600 led
    9 bluedream clones (not sure if all are bd)
    Straight Fox farm ocean forest.
    Buffaloam tea
    5 gallon smart pot

All plants have been topped and lst'd. I water when the pots a light and the soil is dry.
    I lollipoped all plants to about half way up and i continue to remove buds that are not getting enough light. Thats about everything i do for these ladys.

2. Nice light, it deserves a light mover, I would get the light rail 4.0.... 4X8 tent if you have not already bought a tent.

3. Any reason why i should go with the 4x8 and a rail? I was led to believe that the 4x4 would be the recommended grow space for the bd600

4. Light movers increase yield, you could get around 20% more yield for only 15 watts of electricity. It increase bright light to plants, delivers light from different angles, the light can be placed closer to the plants.

5. #6 phatbud, Aug 25, 2016
    20160824_174121.jpg And it is here 2 days after ordering from allgreenhydro. Now just waiting on my beans from oregon elite and then i'll buy a tent and I'll be in business if anyone cares to watch. Im open to medium suggestions. Im leaning towards a coco mix or a soil mix, anyone know which is low maintenance?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Please do DWC. =) Soil would probably be your lowest maintenance especially if you did a really rich organic mix from the get go. You would hardly have to touch it. I'm in love with DWC myself. I won't change until it burns me.

7. Basically a light mover makes any light perform like it's 25-50% bigger by moving it around constantly a smaller light can grow more plants. I'm too much a fan of simplicity to use one.

I'm definitely in on watching this grow. I want to see what that light can do. They make some big claims.

9. S

Me too man gonna keep this grow very simple

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'll tell you I did DWC on my first grow and it was quite simple. All the methods require know how. It's not like you can mix some bomb soil without a level of understanding that would allow you to set up a DWC grow.

I bought this system for $99 and for the money I'm extremely happy with it.
    HTG Supply - Bubble Brothers 6 Pot DWC System

It comes with everything you need except root inoculate and nutrients.

11. Thats actually a pretty cool system for the price. Did you have to keep up with ppm or use ro filter water?

12. Luckily I live in Alaska sort of remotely and exist off of rainwater so that's all I have. It ph'd out at 6.7 so I figured out a formula and ph'd that and I just follow that. Most nutrients are ph neutral with the exception of silica. Once you know what your mix ends up at you can just follow the same recipe without testing each batch.

I use GH nutrients and run about 1/2 strength. I change my water every week or 5 days. I bought testers but never use them.

13. So i got my seeds, fan and filter, and gorilla grow tent today in the mail. The tent is missing a zipper and i am not able to seal it so i am pretty pissed. I have to wait till monday to see what either hydro builder the website i ordered from or gorilla grow to see what i can do about it. I dont think i will be able to just put the zipper on my self so it will probably have to be sent back which will set me back another week or two, im trying to get this harvest by christmass but with this delay im not even sure i should start anymore.

14. That's weird as hell. Gorilla tents are supposed to be the best. If you really didn't want to send it back you could use 3m industrial velcro. It's 2" wide and sticks really well. I use that as well as the zipper. I velcro the veg side flap closed then zipper it to the bud side.

I would send it back the zipper is super important. You want it to work well and open hundreds of times without failing. I looked extra long for my tent and zipper complaints seemed to be the big ones. If you have to fight the zipper it makes the whole tent setup frustrating. I bought a hydro planet 4x8 for only 200 but the zippers work great.

A good tip for sealing up pin holes in the tent is black abs glue. Just a little dab on the pin hole and it's sealed up good as new.

15. #16 phatbud, Sep 11, 2016
    20160910_190501.jpg 20160910_190530.jpg Okay so gorilla sent me a new zipper in the mail and i got things up and running today. I still have to buy some clones but at least i got a preview of how hot my tent gets and decided since i dont have central ac i will have to buy a portable unit to cool my room and my tent. I also bought 12 one gallon pots to start clones and some foxfarms ocean forest to start. I got a ph shake kit and decided the tap water is around 8.0 so i will get some ph down to estimate it around 7. I still have to buy a digital thermometer and hydrometer for measuring air temps and humidity. next update will have clones in pots i promise.

16. Day 1: 12 bluedream clones in half gallon pots fill with ffof under my blackdog 600 led. Watered with a close estimate of 6.5 to 7.0 tap water. My next watering i will let the water sit for 24 hours as to de chlorinate it. My temps are at 84 and humidity at 28%. Anyone have usefull tips to increase the humidity? I already have a dish with water and the towel thats underneath the pots is pretty soaked so im kinda running out of ideas now.

17. #18 phatbud, Sep 11, 2016
    12 bluedream clones 20160911_143706.jpg

18. Day 7
    The day i planted the clones i noticed some strange things going on with them. Some of them had twisted leaves and leaflets. I realized i had my light way to close so i moved it back to about 2 1/2 feet. Then the leafes started to bear claw so i flushed all the pots. I think it was nitrogen toxicity due to ffof being to hot. After all this my plants still have seemed to double in size. I did the flush yesterday so its kind of early to know for sure if it solved any problems but most of the new growth looks good. I plann in adding domilite lime and some mircobe tea in the next couple days. I been watering every time the pots feel light with ph water between 6 and 7

19. #20 phatbud, Sep 19, 2016
    Day 7 20160918_120708.jpg