First grow, big dreams. Tents, hydro and LEDs

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by passthebilly, Aug 12, 2012.

1. My hydrogen peroxide (35%) has arrived, I will start adding it next res change. How much should I add and how often?

2. [quote name='"passthebilly"']My hydrogen peroxide (35%) has arrived, I will start adding it next res change. How much should I add and how often?[/quote]

Depends on how badly the plants need air, we were told not to use it at all after someone else told us we needed it. Ask Jakesterjammin

3. Yeah when I ordered it they were pretty badly over-watered and look at them now :) It might help in small amounts though. And I think the weak rhino has abit of root rot so I might use it on that one.

4. #104 passthebilly, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    It's getting real hot here now, temps are 30C/86F today, I can smell a little alge in the res. So I went ahead added 2ml per res (30L) of hydrogen peroxide.

And in afew months, there could be a heat wave of up to 100F/35C D:

I can't really afford air conditioning or anything so I'm just gona have to do the best I can to keep them healthy in the tent throughout this summer.

5. #105 passthebilly, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
    Just doubled my tent's capacity - my DIY drip feed part 2 :D

Will my 4ftsq tent filled with plants, thrive under just LED lights that use just 200w? We'll find out soon... :cool:

Also that little bit of hydrogen peroxide fixed up the root rot for my weakest rhino plant, the green crap around the its rockwool cube is mostly gone now.

Attached Files:

6. [quote name='"passthebilly"']Just doubled my tent's capacity - my DIY drip feed part 2 :D

Will my 4ftsq tent filled with plants, thrive under just LED lights that use just 200w? We'll find out soon... :cool:

Also that little bit of hydrogen peroxide fixed up the root rot for my weakest rhino plant, the green crap around the its rockwool cube is mostly gone now.[/quote]

Honestly ur gonna need more watts, more watts and more lumens makes for bigger buds, plus u have quite a bit of square footage to cover and one 200w light will not cut it.

7. Minimum Required: 30w per. sq. ft.
    Suggested: 50w per. sq. ft.
    Up most 100w per. sq. ft.

4 x 4 = 16 ( a 16 sq ft tent)
    600(w) ÷ 16 = 37.5 (watt per sq ft )

Jj posted this in my thread, I thought it might help out a little

8. #108 passthebilly, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
    Yep this is just my veg tent for cloning/mothers btw, my flower lights are going to be 2x300W. I'm open to adding more veg lights next grow but for the moment I'm spending the rest of my money on my flowering setup this grow.

And I've got two lights, specs on the first post.

9. #109 passthebilly, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
    Got some white light photos here hopefully they'll show sex now. They're getting big already, I have to start cloning and flowering soon D:

The test clone is nearly rooted now, and starting to support itself better.

Also changed the res today and covered most of it up to prevent alge.

EDIT: First is pineapple kush, rest are sugar haze

Attached Files:

10. They're really droopy. Is that just because u took these pics at their bedtime?

11. Yeah they perked back up this morning, probably a little too much water last night.

12. #112 passthebilly, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
    Oh shit, I was so high last night I forgot to upload the white rhino ones aswell XD Some of them are just as tall as the sugar haze now O:

Also I'm pretty sure SH2 (previous post) is female? I'm going to clone the shit out of it when I'm sure.

Attached Files:

13. I bet you didn't expect them to grow this fast. I sure as hell didn't lol

14. #114 passthebilly, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
    Fuck my grow stinks :S I left the windows closed for 12 hours today while I was out, smelt my grow the second I walked in my front door :O That activated carbon better come soon..

15. [quote name='"passthebilly"']Fuck my grow stinks :S I left the windows closed for 12 hours today while I was out, smelt my grow the second I walked in my front door :O That activated carbon better come soon..[/quote]

Lol my whole house smells bro

16. #116 passthebilly, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    Don't buy cheap no name tent's people.. my $140 4x4' tent is a fucking joke.

Today the beam supporting a light came crashing down on my plants. It was a hollow metal pole attached to thin, flimsy plastic clips at the end. The plastic snapped in two. The light only weighed 3KG.. and my other light is still hanging up there like a ticking timebomb.

No damage to the light or the plants luckily, afew scratches and bruises but they're all okay.

Also the vents in my tents can't be sealed shut (they assume I would use all of them or something) so light leaks everywhere, also through the zips light leaks too, lucky I got blinds in the room.

Definitely getting a tent with a brand next time D:

And now I have half the light till I can figure something out :S

EDIT: I just emailed the seller explaining what happened and asked for 3 replacement light beams for increased support.

17. Dude, do what I did and cut it down. I hate my tent. The air flow now is amazing.....the frame works for LST and hanging the light....

18. Also, light leaked thru my tent zipper too. you're better off just cutting the whole thing down and light proofing your room. It's not hard at all. We even took a piece from the tent and taped it to the door on the inside so when it closes, all the cracks are covered. We also got this black tape stuff that you put on the windows and covered up any extra cracks with duct tape. It's not as hard as it sounds, for us it was though cuz we had a shit load of stuff in the way of the window :p

19. #119 passthebilly, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    yeh even if I just use the frame, still have the same problem of collapsing.. so im just gona double the support

when i harvest i'll just get rid of the piece of crap and buy some quality tents.

atm I have no money -_-. Can't keep up with the growth of my plants equipment wise so I've set the photoperiod to 16/8 (and hopefully pre-flowers show sooner). I need at least 300 for my first 300w flower light and another 200 for its tent..

Also it's amazing how much light these LED lamps put out, I've got one 100W light remaining and all 8 plants are still growing at speed :) I think I could fill out that whole veg tent with my current lights easily.

20. Send it to me ill use it lol.

BRING THE BUDS TO NORTH CAROLINA!