First grow, big dreams. Tents, hydro and LEDs

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by passthebilly, Aug 12, 2012.

1. #401 passthebilly, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    Not sure about the exact definitions of SOG and LST but it's a 6-foot tall tent, and in veg each plant will have 2ft of actual growing space, last time I vegged sugar haze to like 3 feet I had to put her on top of the res top her heaps anyway and she was hitting the light, they will all grow to 4-5 feet and will be huge in horizontal size if trained. In flowering I'm gona sacrifice a foot of height and have the folding tables low above the res so I can wheel them out by themselves etc trouble free. Yeah my plant's are LST'd as far horizontally as I have room to allow in my current 2 trays. Doesn't SOG= small plants? Anyway my view on big plants vs many small plants? I'll go with monster-sized plants for now :smoking: I haven't got my square 6ft tent yet but I imagine it will fit at least 3 times more plants, 16 in 20" pots perhaps :D

Scroll to top of page ;)

2. #402 passthebilly, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    Top level nearly completed which will be enough for this grow, gona double the wattage, just one more tray to install :hello:

It will be percectual, so I'll lower one table and use the lower level for clones, upper level for plants about to enter flowering tent, other table will probably stay at the same height. Once it's all set up I'm germ my white rhino seeds in here, I don't want to take clones off these girls, I don't think they'll make good mothers, 4th grow I'll experiment with other genetics.

Attached Files:

3. The clones need a transplant, they are root bound now. Tent, Nutes, medium and other equipment taking forever to come in mail thanks to christmas -_-

4. #404 passthebilly, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
    Now adding 0.3ml of dutch master silica and 0.3ml of root zone conditioner to every litre of water, hopefully this will make the plants stronger. I am considering investing in foliar feeds aswell. And I'm only giving them 1.9EC (~1000ppm).

5. #405 passthebilly, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012

Attached Files:

6. silicia blast is the shit! The strongest, hardest stalk, branches was the first time i used silica blast, i didn't this time because i thought i couldn't use it with the PH perfect, as i fell into the "hype" as you guys say for awhile.

7. Happy new year! You are one of the early celebrators! lol

8. Hi

What was the yeld? total...

i really want to try led (more use) but i´m not sure ... i would like to go full led but i also want to keep the quality of the HPS...

maybe you give me a link to where you buyed the led for flowering.

keep up the good work.

9. #409 passthebilly, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    180g but keep in mind I was a noob, I probably could have got at least double that if I knew I didn't have ph burn, root rot, better training and layout, etc which is why I'll wait till I can grow well before I will compare my yields with an experienced hps grower.

The manufacturer of the lamps is twilight groups in china, I posted the specs in my in my new sog thread on the first post I think.

10. #410 Marty Skunksese, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    try some soil and biobizz products. i was impressed. at least in veg i got the double of growth compared with hydroponics.

P.S. can you give me a link to the producer? i have searched the product on alibaba but i found nothing.
    thanks

11. On 500 watts you came up with .36 GPW, just a bit below average for LED's, but like you said with more LST'ing of the limbs you will increase your yeild.

If you could stand the heat, use those LED's for VEG, and put up HPS for flowering, much bigger and tighter buds.

Here is what I'm getting ready to do. I have a few LED panels, and just got a smaller tent.
    I'm going to clone\veg in the small LED tent 2 plants, until the flowering tent finishes, move those 2 plants to the flower tent, pull clones, put back under the LED's.
    I'm figuring on a cut every 50+ days or so, and I pull on average .7ish GPW on the 600 watt digital ballast and HPS bulbs. Just cut 14+ jars of master kush and pineapple chunck.
    Oh I run a RDWC will a chiller.

12. Yeah it was far from ideal, heat stress, root rot, half blue led's etc. I'm getting heatwaves up to 44C this week.. HPS would totally melt my plants.

13. U may have to run a portable AC unit, they are fairly cheap, first HPS cut would more than pay for it.

14. Yeah it would be nice but my energy consumption would skyrocket. I probably will get portable AC after my next harvest, but will use it with LEDs, and get that temp down to a nice 23C at the most :)

15. I use a AC unit in the summer, and with it, a 600w digital ballast, 6 inch inline fan, fan moving air, commercial air pump, chiller, 160 gph water pump, in veg it adds about a 75 per month, but in flower and I do that at night when temps are lower, it's only around 50 or so extra.

As long as the roots are chilled, you can get away with higher temps in the tent, just keep a fan going to move air and keep a fresh air supply coming in.
    This shit will grow outside in 90+ degree temps. Its the fresh air I think that allows it, thats why we move so much air through the tent.

16. 90+ temps topside brother. keep in mind its no where near 90 in the ground where the root zone is