First Grow - Bagseeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by diegofagundes, Jun 6, 2013.

1. So I germinated about 5 seeds in water and planted them in these cups I have them in a short box on a heating pad so that it stays warm and I also covered the cups with some plastic to create a sort of green house effect. I planted them into just regular ole dirt. I only planted a few in case the case that there don't sprout and have the others germinating. I'm on a budget and I can't afford to spend a bunch of money on nutes or soil maybe depending on how good it looks like its going to come out. I was coming on here to hopefully get some advice if these don't sprout I plan to plant the other seeds I'm germinating in different soil bit I was hoping it wouldn't be too PRI ey of anyone can help me with any suggestions or comments I'd appreciate it. This is the setup I currently have it in I haven't really thought it all the way through so I'm just going with it.

Attached Files:

2. Not knowing wherd you are, but try to see if any body in your area sells Black Gold soils. So far as i can see from my grow, my plant really is thriving in it. Nutrient level of 0.05-0.0-0.0, premixed with an abundance of vermiculite, and its pretty dam affordable. Im on a budget also and for $4 for an 8.8 qt bag, cant beat it. Sure, i wouldnt mind trying Fox Farms soils, but for a quarter of the cost, with just as good an outcome, i'll stick with Black Gold.

3. I live in the central valley in California. Can you find black thrive at any retailer? We have orchard supply home depot lowest etc. And there are a few hydroponic stores in my area but they might be higher priced there. Also how long does it usually take from germinated seed to sprout? I looked and I saw the root was a lot bigger then when I originally planted it but it looked like the root was growing up words so I gently flipped it so the root would face down. Hopefully nothing was damaged.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Black gold I mean.

5. #5 diegofagundes, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    Update***

My little seedling has broken soil its still hasn't shown and of the first fan leaves but I was wondering once it sprouts its first leaves how many hours of sunlight does the plant need?

I'll take a pic tomorrow when I get to my girls house.

6. you keep them inside or outside? If outside, just put em out and leave em out. If inside, use 24/0

7. Well inside for now so just leave them on the window sill for now? Should I keep the plastic over the cup still for the greenhouse effect or should I take them out now? Also when should I transplant I didn't expect them to actually grow so I planted two in a cup I don't want to wait to long till the point they start to intertwining . If the other pop at all so far this is the only one I've seen so far.

8. keep the plastic on til they break soil. Then get them into light. I wouldnt recomend putting them on the window sill. Just stick them outside. Youll be better off that way.

9. What's the best method of pest control. Where I am is my girls house and the back yard has its fair share of ants spiders Beatles and god knows what. I was wondering if there's a good method for bug prevention.

10. Heres the picture of the newly sprouted seedling.

Attached Files:

11. #11 Smokecha blunts, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    There's a chance that, (if you got the seeds out of a bag you bought) the seeds could have gone through some scanner ( airports etc. ) and the scanners can sometimes kill the seeds

Disregard this I didn't see the update that it popped good job guy have a nice grow

12. Yeah I realized I had planted then other seeds way too deep. I planted like 5 more of then same bag seeds hopefully I get another sprout in case this one doesn't make it. I put the sprout out in the sun for now.

13. Update**** something murdered my sprout when I got home from work I come home to the shell of the seed on the dir and the cotyledon sack thingie was gone. There was just root. Planted a few more again in the Miracle Grow if these do t sprout I have this soil. The ingredients listed where all ingredients I've seen mentioned around here so hopefully if these seedlings don't grow then third time will be a charm. Is anyone familiar with this soil ?

Attached Files:

14. So my new set of beans popped well 3 anyway ones fully emerged from dirt still with the seed shell connected and then other two are attempting to break soil as well I can see the top of the seed and the root going down. I took the plastic off then top and placed them on the window sill for a little fresh air and light. I'm wanting to grow these outdoor in pots tho. I'll post a pic when. I get home tonight from work

15. This is the seedling furthest also t the other two are above soil with the sees shell still attached.

Attached Files:

16. Also is that root color normal?

17. Anyone?

18. Looks good dude .. That soil from what I read looks great send a pic of the actual soil itself. Organic peat moss perlite etc.. Shit sounds OK

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Can't see the roots bit the seedling looks good

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. The stem or root is a purplish dark color also will this snail/slug killer effect my plants at all??