first grow, bagseed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 70s, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ok guys so this is my first grow and the bagseed sprouted about 5 days ago. let me know how you think it looks.

Attached Files:

2. heyy im new on this thingy have no idea what this is lol

3. hmmm....:hide:.....anyone els?

4. Looking great for a seedling but what kind of soil are you using? What is your plan? What are you using for lighting?

If you aren't providing sufficient light or the light you are providing is too far from the plant you will notice your seedling "stretching" pretty fast over the next week. Get your lighting situation figured out so you don't end up with a super tall seedling like I did.

Anyway, details?

5. ok im using 1 spiral cfl. equevalent to 100 watts. and im using just an all natural top soil. it will be a week since its surfaced on wednsday and im not sure what a week year old plant should look like. i think i will run to home depot tommorow and pick up another cfl. any suggestions? oh and its just a bagseed. unknown strain.

6. bump...:smoke:

7. #7 Azureblue, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008

If you have the funds I would go ahead and pick up another 2 or 3 of those CFLs. Make sure they are daylight or "6500k" for now. Right now you only have one CFL "equivalent to 100 watts" which means about 26w or 27w. You want about 100 REAL watts per plant. I have had good luck with 4 27w 6500k CFL's in my setup. The fourth allows for even more coverage, which seems more important with CFL's. I have been using flexible desk lamps from Wal-mart (about $8 a piece). It seems to work well. Check out the link my signature for some pictures.

Here is a picture of the type of CFL that I have been using. This came from Home Depot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. only one plant, hope its not a male. top soil will work but your not gonna be happy with the end result. imo i would germ at least two more seeds then go out and get at least some potting soil (not mg) larger pots to flower in would be good. and make sure to get three more of the cfls that you have currently. leave your lights on 24 or 18/6 for 2-4 weeks then get your self at least 2 warm white cfls and switch your lighting to a 12/12 cycle with a light timer. when your lights are running 24 or 18/6 do some low stress training (tie the top down) this will help with your yeild and keep em short at the same time. have fun.:D