First Grow(Bagseed,CFL) How Do They Look?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NoRoomuponthill, Aug 4, 2008.

1. This is my first grow, they're all a little over three weeks old and I am LST two of them. The one in the first picture I think has yellowish leaves and brown spots because I tried to put it outside in the sun one day and when I went to check on it there were bugs on it :eek: So I sprayed it with some soapy water and that got rid of them but I decided to keep it inside with the others after that.
    The one in the second picture is my favorite and seems to be doing really well. The one in the third picture got burned by my lights because I clumsly pushed it into one when I was fiddling with them. Any chance they'll start showing sex soon and how long should I wait before I start feeding them plant food? I'll be using MG All-Purpose Plant food with an NPK of 24-8-16. Sorry if the pictures arn't that good and thanks for looking! :wave:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. they dont look too bad......
    as far as nutes go you could give them 1/4 or 1/2 strength now.....they say 4 or 5 sets of leafs...yours are developing the 3rd set i believe...
    i've seen tons of threads saying Miricle Grow soil and nutes are crap.......
    go to a hydro shop and get advanced nutes Micro,gro and bloom.$7 to $10 per L each...i swear by them.

3. Yeah from what i've read on here lots of people don't seem to be fond of MG. Not sure if it makes any difference, but I used MG Organic soil...

4. ya you could get away with MG soils...i just always add PERLITE and VERCIMILTE...if i use them.....

5. check out my grow jounal i have a very similar grow and think it may help you. What kind of soil are you using? you may have already said but i didnt notice. I would say yes its probably time to start a light feeding if they are 3 weeks. I also use mgap 24-8-16 and have great results, BUT i started feeding at 1/16th strength and will never go above 1/8th even after a lot of feeding...DO NOT listen to that other guy and start mgap at 1/4th strength, thats gonna burn those babes, and NEVER feed more than once a week, also i find it helps that when you do feed use about half the water you normally would, and then water normal on the 2nd day after feeding. Good Luck, nice start!:cool:

EDIT: Your mgap should have came with a 2 sided spoon, fill the smaller side up 1/4th of the way full and mix with 1 gallon of water. (assuming you have the water soluble kind, not the liquid.)

Edit again: theres nothing wrong with mg plant food, the problem is with there preferted soils, and the fact you cant control the release of the nutes in the soil.

6. didn't realize..MG was so concentrated....Needless to say AN is made for one particular plant...marijuana....and it does a hell of a job......

7. Thanks a lot for the help, i'm using MG Organic Choice garden soil. I'll look through your journal right now :cool:

8. I wish i had access to things like this lol, i would love to use AN to feed, but where i live there are no grow shops and i dont have a credit card to order online, so im stuck with whats available here....

9. I feel ya, no shops even close to here, I had to drive atleast an hour just to get my CFL's! I just read over your journal your plants are looking really nice!!!

10. sweet plants!!!!!!!

11. I have read a thousnad post about growing, what nutes? I heard it and heard it, but i don't know what they are.