First grow - bag seed - T5 veg and flower

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mpulse, Jan 27, 2011.

1. #1 mpulse, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011
    So ok this is my first journal and first real grow,

Im in the germination stage, been here for 4 days.
    first day nothing 2nd day 1 sprout 3rd day 2nd sprout.

Moved sprouts to Grodan yesterday. used drinking water (bottled) for water.

My setup
    1) turbo garden drip system
    1) 4 bulb hydrofarm florecent light 6400 build I think daylight bulb
    1) medium -soon to be - Rockwool or hydroton (I haven't decided yet)
    In a closet

Im waiting to put the closet doors up on saturday (2 days from now)
    So Im just using an incondesent buld (the curley q kinda) for germination...
    As said on "Ready Set Grow" the dvd it said to use a plastic bag for the germination process. (good DVD btw)
    So im doing that right now

Attached Files:

2. hey mpulse. looks nice. its nice to see someone starting around the same time as me.
    I just posted a threat minutes before you, which is also my first journal on GC too.

my seedling sprouted on sunday/monday morning at midnight. started germination exactly a week ago on thursday.

from my understanding yours sprouted on tuesday and wednesday?

3. yeah the first one tuesday the 2nd one yesterday and I got 2 more in the plate that want to pop but just havent

4. For germination I usually put the seeds in the middle of 2ply paper towel.
    fold it and insert the entire thing into a mason jar with a little bit of water in the bottom. the paper towel is used like a wick.
    I usually keep the jar in the dark.

I have only had problems with immature looking bag seed in the past, everything else seems to pop at least 95% of the time.

5. Nice!!!!
    I used the paper towel and plate method inside a plastic bag..
    the only problem i see is the water gets a bit chilly.. but they poped out alright. I think the 2 others that want to pop are just being finicky

Attached Files:

6. yes, it seems they can take forever sometimes. Ive even had beans Ive forgotten about, as I sprouted alot from that batch.

turned out they sprouted, and it looked like it turned into one small root.

wasnt the greatest of my discoveries. :smoke:

7. #7 mpulse, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
    Just put them in a dome, and switched out my 13w cfl to (2) 60w clear lamp bulbs.

Putting my 4 bulb T5 in the closet on sat.

My closet doors arnet up yet., and the T5 will give way to much light right now.

Havent watered the rockwool cubes since yesterday. They still seem pretty moist. Not sure if I should water them or not right now. Ill play it safe and leave it alone and check tomorrow.

They have been under constant light since yesterday at around 2pm

I have two of the seeds that haven't opened but i can see it wants to in a plastic container on the right of one of the pics. if they dont sprout by tomorow, it think they are as good as done.. lol

update: gave them a bout 2 tsps of water each to be safe

Attached Files:

8. Not much change... added a little water today..
    One is fully open and has tiny leaves and the other is kinda still like a bulb...

Attached Files:

9. So I called Botanicare to get a feeding chart. Since in my system comes with
    a bottle of PH up
    a bottle of PH down.
    a Bottle of their CNS17 Bloom and a
    CNS17 Grow. along with
    2 trial bottles of
    Liquid Karma and Ripe. (apparently these trials bottles will last one grow)

this system comes with hydroton, COCO and ready grow.

still trying to figure out what to grow in...
    Hydroton, rockwoll or coco...... Not sure yet

The guy there Danny is really cool. Said when im ready I can change my Drip to an EBB & Flow or Aeroponics for cheap and will take 5 min. BITCHIN! :) :smoke:

Need to buy a bubbler since the setup didnt have one..
    I need to figure out what and how to get water to the tank too..
    dont wanna use tap water.. Anybody have any ideas?
    besides a purification system... I may have to just go out and get one.....

Attached Files:

10. Not quite sure of the other seedling is going to make it or not. So to be on the safe side i decided to germinate another 10 seeds (decent bag seed) to try to get a few more sprouts before I put them into veg..
    Still feeding pure h20.
    Going to swap my Botonicare nutes for a General Hydroponics 3 step process.. Apperantly its easier and better than the botonicaire stuff....

11. now I know your not going for a setup this big, but this guys method seems fairly easy is your thinking about going soilless.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWS4jHxWdkM]YouTube - MGR's DWC Set-up....[/ame]

12. Im going to a grow class right now..
    But yeah
    I want to stay soiless.
    Either Hydroton, coco, or rockwool.. I like the ease of rockwool but i may go hydroton or coco..

Ill keep u updated

13. Yeah hes doing Aeroponics... The fastest way to grow...
    Using Hydroton...
    His setup in pretty inventive i must say...

I got a drip system, that can be altered to Areo or ebb & Flow..
    When I get good im going to try an aero system...

This is what I got
    [​IMG]

But can be change to Ebb and Flo or Aeroponics
    Like this
    [​IMG]

It seems pretty cool.... Havent used it yet....

14. yeah that does look pretty neat, a nice little learning tool Im sure.
    I live in farm country, so I just need a shovel and I have amazing rich soil.
    just need some perlite to mix. also i should pick up some calmag.
    all I have planned for nutes, besides that is superthrive.

15. Day 6 kinda 7 but ill call it 6

In the humidity dome.. one looks good the other is a little retarted. But he may just pull through. hes starting to open slightly...

I added water, since thats what a humifity dome is for. LMAO
    I didnt have any water in it but what was in the rockwool. So I added some water and put the dome tray on a roll of electrical tape, to keep the water on the other side of the dome. I also squeesed out some water from the rockwool. just to be safe..

I switched back to the cfl lamp I was using since the other lamp generates more heat and since i can use a lower wattage bulb i might as well use it. Also dont want to create unnecessary heat in the dome.

Attached Files:

16. Some can take their time. Just because one is doing superior, doesnt mean the other is doing bad. I would refrain from squeezing the rockwool from now on, you dont want to disturb the roots too much.

I've updated my threat with new pics if your interested.

Off topic now... shopping for good genetics makes me feel like Im a child again, and christmas is right around the corner.
    Any thoughts on future additions to your gene pool?

17. Lol. Ok good call like I said I'm totally new to this.
    However last year I was just messin arund and took like 8 seeds and put them in a napkin put that into a lil tuperware.. put it infront of the window and had like 5 sprouts.. no I can on ly get like 2 to germ and sprout. Lol...
    But yeah I wanna get some sativa mabye some white widow and lemon haze..

18. yeah sativa are where its at. Im going to get my hands on some SuperSkunk.
    I really want to try G-13, so I think I cant go wrong with barneys Tangerine Dream. Im sure it lives up to the hype.

19. I heard Tangerine Dream is pretty bomb..

I despencery in LA said Red Dragon is good as hell.
    Ive had lemon haze im not sure what strain of it. But that was real good :) I liked it alot.
    Agent Orange was also one of my favorites...

20. Day 7.
    So The one seedling that sprouted 1 day earlier appears to look ok.
    The other one is a good dime size smaller. It still only has 2 leaves that are barley opening a little now. since I switched the light back to a CFL there is much less humity but alot cooler in the dome.
    the stupid seeds im germinating arent doing shit. :( One seed has a crack in it but has not finally opened..